African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
Applications are currently invited for:
Title: 2018 Internship Program
Location: Headquarters (Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire), Bank’s External Offices
Position N°: N/A
The broad objectives of the program are to:
- Provide students with an opportunity to acquire professional and practical experience at the African Development Bank.
- Provide the Bank with a pool of potential candidates for future recruitment purposes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The fields of study from which interns are selected must be within the job families of the Bank, particularly Economics, Agriculture, Private Sector Development, Human Capital Development (Education and Health), Environment, Finance, Infrastructure Development, Human Resources Management, Information Technology, Communications, Law, Internal Audit, Budget, Governance or any other field of study that the Bank may deem relevant to its operations.
- Special consideration shall be given to students who are working on projects that have a direct bearing on the mission of the Bank.
- Internships shall be performed either at the Bank’s headquarters in Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire) or in any one of the Bank’s field offices or Regional Centres.
Timeline for the 2018 Program (Summer – Session: June through December 2018.):
- Internships shall be granted to each candidate for a period not less than three (3) months and not more than six (6) months. The internship is authorized only once for any candidate.
- Interns shall be responsible for their air travel (where applicable) to and from the Bank’s location as well as their upkeep.
- Interns shall be responsible for their medical insurance coverage and for obtaining entry and residence visas in the host country of the Bank.
- Eligible Interns will be provided with a monthly stipend.
To be eligible for internship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Students, aged between eighteen (18) to thirty (30) years, and currently enrolled in a Master’s level degree program or its equivalent in a recognized public or private institution of higher learning.
- The candidate can apply for an internship within one (1) year of having obtained such a degree.
- Provide a letter from their school confirming their enrollment or a copy of the above mentioned Degree.
- Citizens of one of the Bank’s member countries.
- Applicants must be fluent in at least one of the Banks’s two working languages (English or French).
Strategic Focus areas:
The specific disciplines and specialist professional areas are aligned to the Bank’s Ten-Year Strategy (TYS) and the gender strategy. In addition to the fields that are in the job families of the Bank, focus will be on the following areas:
- Power, Energy, Climate and Green Growth
- Agriculture, Human & Social Development
- Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialization
- Economics, Statistics
- Governance and Knowledge Management
- Human Resources and Corporate Services: IT, Language Services, General Services & Procurement, HR Management
- Audit, Anti-Corruption
- Communication & External Relations
- Public Relations
Application Closing Date
2nd April, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Participants in the Program are selected on a competitive basis, based on business needs of the Bank.
- However applicants should not expect the internship to lead to immediate employment with the Bank.