Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and unwavering drive for excellence. The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Geographic Information Systems Officer
Job Type: Full time
Reporting To: Geographic Information Systems Coordinator
- Asset mapping, data creation, management, and analysis to support comprehensive planning processes and activities within Ikeja Electric
- Designing, implementing, customizing and maintaining Utility (electricity) specific GIS.
- Providing quality control with regard to discipline specific in-house data capture (data conversion), the evaluation of data acquired from the field and network database construction.
- Developing, maintaining and updating the Business Unit GIS databases for planning, monitoring and decision making purposes.
- Manipulating GIS data to create information products to meet electricity distribution and marketing needs.
- Developing and applying GIS analysis solutions to meet the overall business needs.
- Serving as the GIS technical lead and point of contact on GIS and related matters at the BU level.
- Capture GIS data in different formats using GPS, electronic data recorders, digitizers, and other means.
- Download, convert and upload GIS data available from internal and external sources to make them user-friendly.
- Catalog and inventory GIS data, including metadata creation.
- Input, update and maintain GIS databases, including backups and also maintaining linkages to other databases.
- Perform GIS spatial analyses.
- Capture and update network data as regards new or previously uncaptured customers, network components and so on.
- Create map layouts and views, and generate maps and reports.
- Develop new applications and train others in the use of these applications.
- Comply with Quality Management System / Occupational Health & Safety requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs
- Assist in Carry out any other duties as requested by the Head of Department
- B.Sc in Geography, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Geology, Surveying, Urban Planning and Geographic Information Systems
- General knowledge of IT skills, including the use and manipulation of SQL databases and spreadsheets, and knowledge of specialized software packages such as ESRI ArcGIS or QGIS
- Network Location Mapping
- Network Data Analysis Management
- Electricity Industry Regulatory Knowledge
- Customer Information Management
- Spatial Network Data Management
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Supervisory/Managerial Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus
- Presentation Skills
Application Closing Date
28th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online