eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings and uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Associate, EOC Office Admin – Secretary
- The Associate, EOC Office Admin Oversees administrative and technical services to support activities of the Emergency Operations Center (EOC).
- S/he ensures quality services are rendered at the front desk and points of contact for internal and external stakeholders
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Organizes and facilitates meetings, conferences, and other special events. Sets up meeting rooms with appropriate technology and arranges lunches, dinners, and refreshments for meetings.
- Records and transcribes minutes of meetings, photocopying, fax, and mailing. Assists in managing all technical equipment (printers, computers, projectors, etc.).
- Responsible for assigning a daily task and oversee the maintenance of electronic and physical copy filing systems, and modifies documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, and emails.
- Supervises entries, and/or updates data to maintain departmental records and databases, as appropriate; establishes and maintains files and records for the EOC. Organizes and maintains electronic and paper filing systems for EOC resources, tools, and materials, including files on the shared drive.
- Ensure general administrative/Technical support to the EOC Office staff and Partners as required are provided.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the basics of the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, diagnose and solves computer software and hardware faults.
- Installs maintains, configure and troubleshoot telecommunication infrastructure, including VOIP phones, AP’s, WLAN controllers including servers, printers, computers workstations, etc.
- Performs any other duties assigned by Management.
- Provides technical support to troubleshoot malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized academic institution in Business Administration, Computer Science, Management or any related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years administrative support experience preferably in an International NGO or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software and troubleshooting.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail.
- Must be able to work as a member of a team and possess good problem-solving skills.
- Must have flexibility in working hours, including on-call availability and the willingness to work holidays. Excellent customer service skills.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in program
- English is the spoken and written language. Fluency in local Hausa is an advantage.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHealth Africa is a tobacco-free environment.
Why work for us?
- Life at eHealth Africa means not only working towards saving thousands of lives but also collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for innovative technology.
- We offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential. Our team members’ health and well-being is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and use a computer and/or reach with hands and arms.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online