Logistics Officer Opening at Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
- The position is based in Abuja, FCT and supervised by the Deputy Head of Logistics. The Logistics Officer will perform logistics activities which includes but are not limited to supply chain and fleet management.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Follow-up and monitor installation, maintenance and repair of equipment in vehicles.
- Ensure that Action Against Hunger standard vehicle and generator fueling, maintenance and repair processes are implemented.
- Ensure that Action Against Hunger standard fuel management processes are implemented and adhered with, monitored on a regular basis and reported monthly.
- Manage and track all vehicles on the fleet, including movement planning and day-to-day allocation.
- Train team members on Action Against Hunger’s standard operating procedures, safety and security rules for movements.
- Perform bi-monthly cash forecast and manage cash advances for facility and fleet management.
- Compile and submit logistics monthly report.
- Manage all rehabilitation and maintenance for office, guest house and premises.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a degree in Logistics or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years proven knowledge and experience of logistics core competencies.
- Previous experience working for NGOs is an asset, particularly international and/or health related NGOs.
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to manage and follow work plans.
- Fluency in one or more national or regional languages an asset. Proficient in IT and networking technology.
- Valid driving license is mandatory.
- Good interpersonal skills – approachable, diplomatic, able to negotiate, influence, give and provide effective feedback.
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills.
- Capacity for analysis, synthesis and reporting of large amounts of information.
Application Closing Date
16th May, 2018.
READ MORE: Front Desk Officer Opening at ARM Life Plc
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online