Business Accountant Role at Saroafrica International Limited
Saroafrica International – is a company with linked interest in FMCG and Agric Value Chain spanning Downstream to Upstream. The Supply chain activities is a contiguous circle from Inbound, Outbound to Export. Following her businesses restructuring and repositioning, the company is further expanding her activities across all the Commercial Cities and major Agro ecology zones of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Accountant
Location: Ilesha, Osun
- Business Accountant (BA) is a strategic partner in running the business and plays a crucial role in providing central financial direction to the Strategic Business Unit.
- BA will direct and oversee all financial functions of the Strategic Business Unit (SBU), create a culture of high performance and people management in the unit, align functions and resources, and deploy people and skills optimally to achieve strategic priorities.
- He /She should be able to present reports competently and confidently to the SBU Management/ Corporate Office and negotiate effectively with business partners.
- He /She must have clear focus, give attention to details and be a strategic thinker who is focused on execution.
- As a strategic business partner with the Business Manager and Management, BA is responsible for the assessment of the company’s performance against both the annual budget (in line with the levers of control) and the company’s approved 5-year Plan.
- Develops tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the Business Manager and provides actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
- Cost: create sense of value for money across board to enhance effective deployment of resources. Work together with all units to ensure SBU uses less to achieve more. Ensure the Naira differential objectives are met
- Put the right mechanism in place to ensure SBU Pays all obligations on due date, stays Cash-Flow Positive throughout the period in line with the financial indicators in the plan
- “Responsible for the seamless and real-time running of the financial reporting processes to aid speed of service delivery to both internal and external parties
- Report the actual financial Performance and compare with the Control Levers.
- Oversee the finance and Accounts unit to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and function
- Oversee payroll budgeting, monthly payroll and all related controls. Assist in the design, implementation, and timely calculations of wages, incentives, commissions and bonuses and ensure adequate cash flow for payroll payments.
- Provide financial analysis and support for HR regarding cost effective benefit plans, health insurance plans and other fringe benefits affecting SBU associates
- Insurance Claim workflow should be strictly monitored and each claim settled/closed within a month after the incident.
- Expected to have specific information regarding daily operations of the Business and keep the Business Manager updated
- Periodic Key account reconciliation and Trial Balance review
- Put the right mechanism in place to meet all Suppliers obligations on due date, stays Cash-Flow Positive throughout the period in line with the financial indicators in the plan, and Code of Business Conduct
- Expected to perform management duties and actively contribute to the SBU financial, operations and strategic plans.
- Minimum of a second Class upper in Accounting, Economics, or Finance from a reputable university
- Must be a Chartered Accountant (ACCA or ACA).
- An MBA or equivalent postgraduate management degree will be an advantage
- Must be computer literate and have excellent ERP skills.
- Applicant must have a Minimum of 5yrs working experience
- Age: 27 – 33yrs old
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online