Coffey International Latest Job Vacancy for Economic Growth Experts
Coffey International – has a 40 year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK’s Department for International Development. Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people’s lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Call for Economic Growth Expert
Job no: 496127
Location: Kano, Nigeria
Work type: Contract
Categories: International development
Coffey is looking for experts for the upcoming LINKS programme in Nigeria
- 7 years
- Kano, Kaduna and Jigawa states
DFID’s LINKS-Northern Nigeria Spatial Growth Programme is a seven-year programme that will start in late 2018 / early 2019. It will build on the successes and learning of the Growth and Employment in States (GEMS) programme, including GEMS4 which was successful implemented by Coffey and which received an A+ in its completion review. LINKS will aim to create jobs, raise incomes and increase potentially taxable private sector revenues in Nigeria, with a focus on three states; Kano, Kaduna and Jigawa. A first pillar will facilitate significantly increased private sector investment in the states. A second, inter-connected, pillar will support innovations in key value chains, fostering the introduction, growth and uptake of business facilitating and innovative services, technologies and business models.
The position will vary. These are likely to include:
- Long-term positions such as intervention managers, M&E consultants, communication and knowledge management specialists, gender and inclusion experts, administrative and finance experts
- Short term positions tasked with scoping possible programme design, identifying key challenges and appropriate interventions, discrete pieces of work during implementation
- An educational background in the fields of economics or similar
- Experience designing and/or implementing large-scale donor-funded programmes in Nigeria
- Expertise related to investment promotion and business/investment climate improvement, including investment attraction and facilitation, business environment reform (BER), support to state governments and investment-related infrastructure
- Experience providing technical assistance to strengthen high potential agricultural and non-agricultural value chains
- Ability to facilitate the use of innovative frontier technologies to enhance core value chain businesses, and as business opportunities
- Proven experience enhancing access to finance, financial flow and innovative investment pathways within value chains, and supporting the development of innovative financial products.
- Work experience in the three focus states: Kano, Kaduna, and Jigawa
- Experience designing and implementing DFID-funded projects
- Experience generating income opportunities for women, the poor and the disabled
- Familiarity with market systems approach / M4P and Women Economic Empowerment (WEE) approaches
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
For further enquiries please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the reference number.