The Awareness Media Limited, a newly incorporated news/media company poised to raise the bar in quality, factual, informative and development based news to a wide a audience. To actualise this, the company is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: News Correspondent
Slot: 2 Openings
- The Correspondent will be a field Reporter whose responsibilities will be the gathering of relevant news materials for the publication.
- The ideal candidate will be someone with an ear to the ground and a nose for news who can smell news from afar.
- The candidate should have sound writing skills with clarity of mind.
- He/She should have understanding of the workings of a modern newsroom, and what constitute news.
- The ideal candidate should be versatile and has the ability to do cross beats (she can cover business, as well as politics, and even entertainment).
- The ideal candidate should be an all rounder news person.
- Report and write news stories for publication on the site
- Research and analyze background information related to stories in order to provide accurate and complete information
- Gather information about events through research, interviews, news, sports, political events etc
- Investigate and report breaking news
- Research and report on specialized fields like science, medicine, technology, sports, religion etc
- Discuss issues with co-editors in order to establish priorities and positions.
READ ALSO: Job Vacancies at Media Trust Limited
- A First Degree in Mass Communication, English-Language, History, Political Science or Sociology would be preferred.
- However, candidates with backgrounds outside communication disciplines but with relevant media reportorial experiences and hands-on skills in journalism are encouraged to apply.
- A second degree will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
20th October, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com