Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Supervisor
- Supervising the daily logistics activities and providing maintenance to the MSF equipment, facilities and infrastructures, according to MSF standards and protocols in order to maintain the facilities in perfect conditions and collaborate in the development of the mission.
- Monitoring maintenance activities of infrastructures, management of non-medical stocks and equipment according to MSF standards.
- Ensuring the check and follow-up of facilities under the line manager’s supervision through daily visits to the facilities and reporting any anomalies or problems, evaluation of the rehabilitation needs and following up minor building rehabilitation work according to supervisor’s instructions; checking that premises observe security norms and monitoring the consumption of mechanical and electrical vehicles/machines/devices.
- Planning together with the line manager the required checks and maintenance activities of energy systems/set-up according to MSF standards.
- Coordinating and leading the logistics team under his/her responsibility which includes daily supervision, monitoring of the quality of work and the definition of each person’s task, drawing up their working schedules; organizing and leading team meetings; participating in the recruitment of team personnel and attending logistics meetings and accounting for his activities.
- Ensuring the vehicle fleet maintenance which includes planning and overseeing timely preventive and curative maintenance of all project vehicles according to MSF standards and Instructing and monitoring drivers on correct driving habits and standard checks.
- Following up orders which includes collecting logistics orders coming from different departments Managing or health facilities; drawing up and following up orders according to the procedures in force; providing technical support to the storekeeper, makes local purchases according to MSF supply procedures and ensures reception conditions of freight or arriving material as well as the organization and setting up of materials before its shipment.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities:
- Online LRT reporting.
- Maintenance, services and Fuel consumption proper recording and Reporting to mission Fleet supervisor and line manager.
- Technical support to Storekeeper for Logistic items descreption and quality.
- Essential Technical graduation in any Logistic Field (Electrical, Mechanical and civil engineering) and formal technical training.
- At least one year in MSF or 2 years in a similar post out of MSF.
- Mission language essential; local language desirable.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel).
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L2
- to MSF Principles L2
- Stress Management L3
Application Closing Date
6th November, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letters, current CV’s and scan copies of their Certificates to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit hard copies of their Application Letters, latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Photocopies of all necessary Credentials with telephone contact details (daytime) in an envelope (specify on the envelope – Application for the post of Logistics Supervisor) to the address below:
The Human Resource Coordinator,
No. 11, First Avenue, Gwarinpa,
Or to Our project offices in Zamfara, Sokoto, Benue State.
Note: Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for Interview and Test and only successful candidate will be contacted to start work.