Media Trust Limited is the publisher of Daily Trust and other newspaper titles. They are also into commercial printing as well as Brand Marketing Research for the purpose of identifying new opportunities for business values. Each market research report delivers insight across a wide range of crucial factors such as market size, growth drivers, competitive landscape, trends, and forecasts.
We are desirous of recruiting a competent, self-motivated and result-oriented candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
- The Head of Human Resources Department must be a strong, decisive, results oriented leader who can develop and manage relationships across the company and with a wide variety of partners based on trust, teamwork and knowledge.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a key member responsible for HR processes and procedure for staff;
- Leverage broader HR team resources to drive change in leadership and organisational development, compensation and staffing;
- Develop and implement staffing and learning strategies, developing retention strategies, leadership and organisational development, talent planning, diversity, compensation management and delivery, performance management, workforce planning;
- Plan, develop and implement strategy for HR management and development (including recruitment and selection policy/practices, discipline, grievance, counselling, pay and conditions, contracts, training and development, succession planning, moral and motivation, culture and attitude development, performance appraisal and quality management issues).
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of HR development;
- Monitor, measure and report on HR issues, opportunities and development plans and achievement within agreed formats and timescales;
- Manage and develop direct reporting staff;
- Manage and control departmental expenditure within agreed budgets;
- Liaise with other functional/departmental heads so as to understand all necessary aspects and needs of HR development, and to ensure they are fully informed of HR objectives, purpose and achievements;
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of latest HR development theory and methods and provide suitable interpretation to directors, managers and staff within the organisation;
- Contribute to the evaluation and development of HR strategy and performance in co-operation with the management team;
- Ensure activities meet and integrate with organisational requirement for quality management, health and safety, legal requirement, environmental policies and general duty of care;
- Plan employee’s performance appraisal, develop tools for appraisal, job evaluation and development;
- Plan and direct training of employees and management staff, and maintain contact with outside resources for training.
Qualification and Experience
- A Degree or HND in Human Resources Management, Personnel Administration or in cognate disciplines in the Humanities, Arts or Social Sciences. An MBA in HRM or Master’s degree in a related field will be an advantage;
- Minimum of 10 years experience with 5 years in a managerial position;
- At least membership in one professional body such as CIPM, CIPD, SHRM
- Should be versed in the following areas:
Skills and Competencies:
- Good understanding of the following: manpower planning, human resources management, organisational development/change management, process improvement, compensation and staffing, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Computer literate;
- Self-confident, self-motivated and able to influence and motivate others;
- Willingness to work at odd hours or put in extra hours;
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills;
- Good planning and organisational skills.
Job Title: General Manager, Business
- The role holder addresses critical business issues, to shape the strategic business agenda of the company, and to develop practical plans to capture growth opportunities across client segments, markets, products and regions
- The individual will be responsible for supporting the development and execution of the business strategy including business growth and partnership strategies
- The incumbent bears responsibility for the operational performance of Strategy & Business Development team and provides leadership and guidelines for staff activities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute strategic initiatives and frameworks to analyse the existing activity and come up with new market opportunities in all areas
- Lead and manage staff in the execution of the Department’s strategy projects, directives and objectives as dictated by the market’s needs
- Translate broad guidelines into specific operational plans and programmes
- Devise the creation and capture of incremental revenue opportunities for the company
- Creation of all phases of a business case (e.g. market analysis, value proposition, strategic fit, economic models and launch) to support a new initiative
- Develop the financial and economic models that support the assessment and underlying valuation of potential opportunities i.e. market sizing, financial forecasts as well as additional financial analysis as appropriate
- Collate and document the company’s strategic business plans
- Monitor the implementation of the company’s, short, medium- and long-term strategic goals and objectives
- Develop, communicate and manage relevant business/financial models to assist with management decision making
- Continually review and assess the effectiveness and efficiency of the department’s policies, procedures and processes and identify improvement opportunities in line with the corporate strategy of the company
- Coordinate the assessment and monitoring of industry/competitor activities, new developments and identify impact on company’s operations
- Achieve key expenditures/transactions of the department in line with approved budget
- Identify and cultivate internal and external sources to build a common fact base for analysing the market and company’s competition, especially pertaining to the above subject matter area
- Analyse and report on key market trends, potential market discontinuities and new business opportunities and pass feedback to the CEO
- Provide leadership and guidance to subordinates
- Prepare periodic management reports on the activities of the department
- Perform other roles/task as required by the CEO.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of a Degree in Business, Management or a relevant discipline. A Master’s Degree or an MBA will be an added advantage;
- Minimum of 15 years cognate experience with at least 5 years at management level in a large/multinational operational environment or in the print media.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies is important.
- Should have or cultivate a combination of consumer and business insight experience, coupled with brand strategy expertise on major brands in the industry.
Skills and Competencies:
- Extensive professional experience with in-depth understanding of the media industry both in print and digital;
- A track record of building credibility in the business community with positive results for the business;
- A commitment to and understanding of the company’s offerings (products and services) and mission, preferably based on experience;
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, board of directors and staff;
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask;
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of the company’s customers, employees and other stakeholders.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTS
Application Deadline 18th October, 2018.