Compliance Officer Opening at PricewaterhouseCooper
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) – Our client, a Restaurant Group and exclusive master franchisee, passionate about bringing the best food and beverage brands in the world to Africa is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compliance Officer
Reference Number: 130-PEO00960
Job Type: Permanent
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Roles & Responsibilities
- Leveraging external legal counsel as necessary, develop and implement:
- Policies and procedures designed to facilitate the company’s compliance with applicable legal and regulatory obligations (“Policy Framework”).
- A training programme including regular (e.g. annual) and new-starter training on the company’s policies, and ad hoc training on relevant legal and/or regulatory developments (“Training Programme”).
- A regular monitoring programme, designed to test management and staff compliance with the Policy Framework and providing for regular written reports to the board (“Monitoring Programme”), collectively the “Compliance Programme”.
- Monitor legal and regulatory developments relevant to the company’s business activities, leveraging external legal or industry sources as needed.
- Analyse the relationship between the company’s activities and such developments, and identify amendments to the Compliance Programme necessary to facilitate compliance by the company.
- Brief the board of relevant developments and recommend changes to the Compliance Programme necessary to facilitate compliance by the company with such developments.
- Deliver, or arrange for delivery of, the Training Programme, monitor attendance and report to the board regarding same.
Testing & Reporting:
- Monitor conduct of management and staff with respect to the requirements of Policy Framework, and provide written reports to the board regarding the same, in accordance with the Monitoring Programme.
- Prepare reports required per the Audit & Risk Committee Charter, Shareholders Agreement or as requested by the board or CEO on an ad hoc basis
- Provide management and staff with guidance on the Compliance Programme, including in relation to new business, products, initiatives and projects.
Culture & Reputation:
- Support the company in developing and maintaining a positive reputation through the Compliance Framework, including by emphasising the importance of compliance with applicable laws and regulation and acting with integrity.
- In conjunction with management, establish and promote a culture of compliance and integrity, including through the Compliance Programme.
- Degree in a relevant field including Law, Economics, Accounting, Business Management or qualification as a Chartered Secretary.
- Master’s Degree and/or relevant professional qualifications would be an added advantage
- Demonstrable understanding of key regulatory risks, including ABC regulations.
- Strong understanding of compliance and risk management processes, governance and escalation
- Experienced in compliance policy framework design and implementation
- Experienced in preparing and delivering training
- Experienced in working in co-operation with legal advisors and senior internal stakeholders
- Strong research, verbal and written communication skills
- Quick and analytical thinker, able to find practical solutions in line with regulatory/supervisory requirements
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Excellent use of MS Word and MS Excel
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Compliance or Internal Audit in a bank or a non-bank financial institution, regulated corporate (e.g. telco) or a consultancy firm specialized in Compliance / Internal Audit
- Being proactive
- Result oriented
- Team player
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Consensus builder
- Discrete with information
- Creative and innovative
- Good emotional intelligence skills
- Additional Information
- Important Internal & External Relationships
- Board of Directors
- Executive Management
- Regulatory Authorities.
READ ALSO: New Vacancies at United Bank for Africa Plc
Application Closing Date
23rd November, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online