Millie’s International School – We are a new innovative concept in Nursery & Primary Education. Our School is located at 12 Osoba close, Idi-Ishin, Jericho, Ibadan. We are a small school with a strong nurturing and caring ethos. Our school is welcoming, friendly and supportive. We are committed to improving outcomes for every child.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Teacher
Location: Ibandan, Oyo
Job Description and Requirements
- Are you experienced and outstanding in delivering the British Curriculum?
- Can you easily commute to Jericho?
- We seek experienced Early Years Educator who:
- Has a degree in Education (B.Ed.) Childhood Education or related degree in Education. A Montessori qualification is an added advantage
- Has a minimum of 4 years verifiable Early Years teaching experience
- Knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum and experience of teaching phonics is desirable and an added advantage.
- Observation, planning and assessment skills are required to ensure the quality of learning is sustained
- You should be enthusiastic and confident in your abilities to engage children and extend their learning through play, enabling their emotional, social and educational development.
- To complement your qualification and experience, you will come with patience, a good sense of humour and great stamina to keep up with the needs and energy of a large group of young, lively children
- Creative skills such as music, dance, drama, arts and crafts are also advantageous
- You must have excellent English Language skills (clear written and spoken) along with good reading, writing and numeracy skills.
- Good level of computer literacy
Job Title: Head of School
- We seek for a confident and experienced, forward-thinking Head of School with great energy and a sense of commitment to lead and to play a key role in developing and delivering our school vision.
- We require a school leader who can inspire our children and engage positively with members of our school community. Someone with excellent communication skills as well as a strong interpersonal and organisational skill; that will use these to support Management in raising the school profile.
- If you are a talented senior leader, then this is an excellent opportunity to lead a vibrant, highly ambitious and caring all school, which is committed to delivering the very best education for all our children.
To become our new Head of School, you will have a demonstrable successful track record in:
- Outstanding senior leadership experience and skills, in particular in the field of Teaching and Learning
- A commitment to securing high quality inspirational teaching and learning for all.
Requirements, Training /Qualifications
- Candidate for this post must have a B.Sc. in Education or its equivalent
- Considerable experience of the British Curriculum
- Senior leadership experience (e.g. Head teacher, Deputy Head Teacher)
- Evidence of commitment to continuing professional and personal development.
Leadership and Management:
- Has gained experience of implementation of strategies for raising achievement across the school
- Has experience of monitoring and evaluating effective teaching and learning
- Is able to work closely with staff, parents and the school’s management to achieve common goals
- Ability to participate in the recruitment and selection of teaching and non-teaching staff.
- Plan, allocate, support and evaluate work undertaken by the team ensuring clear delegation of tasks and responsibilities in a manner consistent with conditions of employment.
Professional Knowledge and Understanding:
- Has knowledge of statutory requirements relating to schools
- Shows an up-to-date knowledge of developments in education, teaching, learning and assessment
- Determines, organises, implements and monitors the curriculum and its assessment
- Ability to create and sustain an effective partnership with parents to support and improve pupils’ achievement and personal development.
Personal Qualities and Self Development:
- Able to foster an open, fair culture and manage conflict effectively
- Acts as a role model for other staff by consistently displaying the school values
- Deals effectively with pressure; remains optimistic and persistent, even under adversity
- Shows resilience and recovers quickly from setbacks.
- Is adaptable to change and new information as well as unexpected obstacles
- Considers and responds appropriately to the needs and feelings of different people in different situations showing empathy
- Demonstrates inclusive leadership, valuing and learning from diverse perspectives.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to: email@example.com
Application Deadline 30th November, 2018.