Pact Nigeria is the promise of a better tomorrow for communities challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. On the ground in nearly 40 countries, Pact’s integrated adaptive approach is shaping the future of international development.
We seek suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance & Admin Officer
Location: Jalingo, Taraba
- Pact is recruiting a Finance & Admin Officer for an upcoming USAID-funded peace building and conflict mitigation project.
- Finance & Admin Officer plays a critical role in Pact’s financial management
- With procurements and grants to local organizations, Pact’s accounting practices, oversight, and financial support of its local partners is a central to effective programming.
- The Finance and Admin Officer will oversee the operation and finances of the state office.
- Performs general ledger maintenance and reconciles assigned general ledger accounts, including sub-grants and sub-awards.
- Develops monthly and quarterly financial reports, including banking transactions/reconciliations, ensuring appropriate and accurate capturing in accounting system; for the review/approval of the finance manager.
- Enter payments and retirements into financial accounting software on daily basis;
- Manages petty cash reconciliation.
- Review activity requests and prepare payment vouchers and journal vouchers for payment.
- Monitor donor budget and prepare all necessary donor reports and submit to Finance Manager for review and approval.
- Ensure implementation of regulations and procedures for local purchase, procurement and logistics management in collaboration with the Operations unit.
- Support with the month end financial reporting.
- Prepare and follow up with transactions to ensure that payments are accurately captured, timely and complete and ensure appropriate coding.
- Ensures timely payments to vendors and other project related expenses.
- Support technical staff to develop and manage monthly and quarterly activity budget.
- Reviews sub-grant and sub-award financial reports, taking initiative to resolve problems in accordance with policies and program objectives.
- Implement financial and internal control policies and procedures of the organization.
- Monitor compliance of staff with all office financials in accordance with established financial guidelines, and report any non-compliance to the supervisor for required action.
- Provide general orientation and support to sub-grantees on financial reporting.
- Maintain financial files and records.
- Minimum of a B.Sc. in Accounting or its equivalent is required. Postgraduate degree in related field and professional qualification such as ACA/ICAN/ACCA preferred.
- Must also have at least four years’ experience as an accountant with accounting standards/practices in an international development organization.
- Demonstrated experience with automated accounting systems (QuickBooks and Microsoft Navigation), including pay rolling required.
- Must have knowledge of internal control systems and financial audit processes.
- Experience with USAID funded project.
- Advanced use of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Power Point and MS Publisher a plus.
Application Closing Date
23rd November, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resume/CV and Cover Letter on their suitability to: email@example.com
- Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
- All CV’s/resume/applications MUST be in either word format or PDF.
- Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for as the SUBJECT of the mail.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.