Benson Idahosa University, Benin City is a faith-based private University licensed by the Federal Government in February 2002. The vision of the University flows from the divine mandate of raising academics, professionals and entrepreneurs committed to changing Nigeria for the better, by LEADING THE CHANGE.
It is hereby notified for general information that vacancy exist for the position of Vice-Chancellor of Benson Idahosa University Benin City. The Governing Council therefore, in accordance with the relevant sections of the University’s Statutes, has approved that appropriate machinery be set in motion for the selection of suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
READ ALSO: Latest Recruitment at BMS Investment Group
Job Title: Vice-Chancellor
Location: Benin, Edo
- The Vice-Chancellor is the most senior administrative and academic officer of the University
- He/She exercises general supervision and control and provides strategic direction and leadership.
- The Vice-Chancellor by virtue of his office is a member of the Governing Council and all statutory Committees of the Council. In addition, he/she chairs the Senate and other principal bodies of the university and nominates representatives to chair others.
- The Vice-Chancellor plays a principal role in securing and growing the financial base of the University.
- All powers relating to the proper maintenance and discipline of students in the University is vested in the Vice-Chancellor.
- He works with the various bodies and authorities within the University provide a stable and conducive atmosphere for running the university
- The candidate must have a Ph.D from a recognized University in a subject area taught in Benson Idahosa University. And in addition he must have good knowledge in Nigeria educational policy.
- The candidate should possess considerable administrative experience within the university system and must show demonstrable ability to attract funds to the university.
- A valid NYSC discharge certificate.
- The candidate must have been a Professor for not less than five (5) years with an unbroken service within the University system during the period.
- The candidate must demonstrate academic excellence in terms of quality publications, teaching, innovation, credible community service and proficiency in Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
- The candidate must be a person of courage and transparent honesty, who can take decision on the merit of facts, equity and patriotism and not on the basis of parochial interests or primordial pressures. Candidates should also be free from conflicts of interest.
- The candidate must have the highest moral standards, impeccable character and proven integrity with irrevocable commitment to best practices in corporate governance, with particular emphasis on accountability transparency and probity.
- He/She must ensure the judicious utilization of scarce resources for optimum public good.
- The candidates must have a good knowledge of University tradition and operation.
- The candidate must be able to command respect among his/her colleagues and peers and be able to motivate staff towards the achievement of the vision and mission of the University
- The candidate must be firm and fair in decision making and Must Follow Due Process in taking decisions.
- The candidate must be vast in research and should be able to able to encourage research development through research proposals.
- The candidate must have the ability to provide a conducive, aesthetic and healthy environment for learning.
- The candidate must have the ability to promote linkages with external bodies (locally and internationally).
- The candidate must enjoy good physical and mental health and be free from any inhibiting health condition.
- The candidate must have a strong spiritual (Christian) testimony.
- The Vice-Chancellor shall hold office for a period of four years in the first instance and upon such term as shall, subject to the Law and Statutes, determined by the Visitor thereafter.
Condition of Service
- Remuneration and other conditions of service are as determined by the Governing Council of the University and are highly attractive.
Application Deadline 14th November, 2018.
Job Title: Librarian
- The University Librarian is a Principal Officer and is the Head of University Library;
- Candidate for the post shall be visionary and have the ability to provide good leadership;
- Possess personal integrity and demonstrate transparency in private and public life; and be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff.
- The University Librarian shall be responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the overall Administration of the University Library and the coordination of Library services in the University and its Faculties, Departments, Extensions and for providing services for the entire University community.
Candidates for this post shall:
- Be professionally qualified and be a practicing Librarian.
- Possess a good Honours degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division, Master and Doctorate in Library or Information Science or related field from a recognized University, with at least fifteen (15) years relevant post qualification experience preferably in a University or other institutions of Higher learning.
- Have published papers in professionally recognized journals to merit professional states, as well as possess proven records of sound administrative leadership.
- Be a registered member of the Library Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN).
- Be computer literate and proficient in relevant computer appreciations.
Eligibility for Interview:
- Only candidate whose age will not be more than sixty (60) years if qualifIed will be shortlisted.
Salary and Condition of Service
- The successful candidate shall hold office for a single-term of five years and on such terms and conditions as maybe specified in his or her letter of appointment.
- Remuneration will be consolidated salary for University Librarian with NUC approved benefits and allowance as applicable to the Nigerian University System/other benefits/entitlement as approved from time to time by the Governing Council of Benson Idahosa University.
Application Deadline 12th December, 2018.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates who meet the conditions stated above should submit a copy of their Application and comprehensive current Curriculum Vitae (including the following below) duty signed and dated to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Curriculum Vitae must include:
- The candidates name in full
- Place and date of birth
- State of origin
- Home address
- Contract address (including e-mail and telephone number)
- Marital status
- Number and ages of children (if)
- Academic qualifications
- Details of teaching, research, administrative, fund attraction and managerial experiences
- Academic distinction, membership of academic and professional bodies, scholarly publications and
- Names and addresses of three referees.
The Application must also include a statement of the candidate’s vision for the University in the next four years, in not more than 1,000 words and not less than 600 words.
Candidates must request their referees to forward references on them in a sealed envelope marked “Referee Report” with the name of the candidate underneath directly to the Registrar and Secretary to Council. Such referees should be able to attest to the candidate’s claim to higher academic and managerial capabilities as well as the candidates moral uprightness.
BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTS
In addition, candidates should submit by Courier Service under Confidential Cover 10 hard copies of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae in an envelope marked at the top left hand corner “Post of Vice-Chancellor, Benson Idahosa University, Benin City,” to reach the Office of:
Benson Idahosa University,
P.M.B. 1100, Benin City,