Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and unwavering drive for excellence. The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Supervisor – Ikorodu Business Unit
Reporting To: Chief Security Officer
Job Type: Full time
- Supervise, manage and train the outsourced civil security guards and armed government security agents (Police/NSCDC) attached to the Business Unit office, Undertakings and Injection Sub-stations on each duty shift of day and night (0600 hours – 1800 hours and 1800 hours – 0600 hours).
- Supervise, manage and coordinate emergency response incidents and complaints within the Business Units in conjunction with armed Police/NSCDC personnel deployed for security services to ensure immediate rescue and dispensation of justice.
- Supervise and manage the personnel – spy-drivers, Mobile policemen and NSCDC personnel deployed to the Business Unit and its other locations for static and transit security services.
- Ensure provision of 24/7 civil and armed security guard services at IE facilities under your area of supervision and appropriate kitting and turnout of both armed and civil security personnel.
- Prepare security weekly postings timely for the outsourced guards and ensure that they are deployed to the beats to carry out security duties in appropriate numbers.
- Conduct of weekly security activities for the outsourced guards – parade and review of previous security activities and issues on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays between 0600 hours and 0715 hours.
- Conduct of quarterly general security parade and drills for outsourced security personnel within the Business Units on the last Saturday of the quarter between 0800 hours – 1000 hours and any other time as directed by your supervisor.
- Carryout regular/routine patrol and inspection of locations within the Business Units to ensure that the civil and armed guards deployed are on duty, in proper outfits and at alert.
- Maintain and inspect regularly the appropriate duty registers maintained by the security guards and armed Police/NSCDC – Log Book, Incident duty, Assets Movement, Vehicle Movement, Weekend/After Hour staff/Contractor and Office Key registers to ensure that they are properly kept.
- Conduct of duty shift transition to ensure the full guard strength is deployed and report shortfalls.
- Conduct and supervise access control processes to ensure that unauthorized personnel and vehicles are not admitted into the facility at all times.
- Supervise and ensure orderly parking of vehicles in and outside of the areas within our span of control at all times to minimize loos or damage.
- Ensure that access control systems and equipment – hand-held metal detectors, turnstiles, biometric access systems, emergency exit doors, fire alarm systems, signage and CCTV are functional and in proper use at all times if installed and report defects to your supervisor for immediate remedy.
- Ensure enforcement and compliance by all persons, visitors, contractors and stakeholders within the facility with security policies and procedures to guarantee the safety and security in the workplace at all times (human/equipment access and exit authorization – screening, searches, wearing of identity cards/tags).
- Participate in the conduct of Fire drills and Emergency Evacuation procedures in line with requirements.
- Report any security incidents, breach or security alerts that affects the business operation of within the Business Unit and its locations for immediate action and remedy.
- Comply with Quality Management System / Operational Health & System requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs.
- Assist in performing other duties and assignments as may be assigned by the CSO or CEO
- First degree and professional security certification with at 6 years’ experience
- Broad-based experience and exposure in security matters (public law enforcement and industrial security practice).
- The ability to collaborate
- Knowledgeable in security monitoring and detection tools
- Ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement and monitor IT security systems.
- Good negotiation skill.
- Analytical Aptitude,
- Strong written and verbal communication ability.
- Eye to detail
- Persuasive ability.
READ ALSO: Ongoing Recruitment at Erisco Foods Limited
Application Closing Date
26th November, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online