Nestle Nigeria Plc Vacancy for Assistant Power Plant Engineer
Nestle Nigeria Plc with a presence in more than 130 countries and factories in more than 80 research centres brings many global benefits. We believe in long term career development and appreciate how challenges and motivation will help you reach your potential. Nestle Nigeria Plc upholds the principle of Non- Discrimination and Equal Employment Opportunities in its recruitment processes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Power Plant Engineer
Location: Agbara, Ogun
Position Type: Full-time
- We are currently looking for results focused, proactive and innovative Power Plant Engineer to join us at our biggest factory in Nigeria.
- Based in Agbara Factory, you will be part of the team of Engineering professionals making impressive contributions to the business, meaning you will have the opportunity to have a huge impact on the growth and success of Nestlé Central West Africa Region. Whether you have had experience in another FMCG company, or another complex multinational business, you will be working alongside some of the best in the industry, in a team of truly diverse professionals. This exciting opportunity will stretch and reward you in equal measure.
Main purpose of the Position
- To deliver on proper management of industrial services focusing on power i.e. the generation and distribution of power.
A day in the life of…
- Factory operations run all day, however, the first thing you will do after resumption in the morning is to check and read the previous days’ report books, logbooks & checklists. Then carry out an inspection of the factory installations, machines and facilities – to ensure performance standards are met and utility generated is being well optimized
- You then verify your data, to ensure proper capturing of all electricity generation data on the system, which are inputted/captured by both operators and through SCADA systems so you can proceed to analyze.
- Once done with data verification, you move to detailed analysis. Where analysis results show exceptions, you curiously investigate, to identify the root cause and channel concerns to the appropriate quarters. As much as possible, mitigation of a reoccurrence is the goal
- After analyzing data and preparing reports (giving reasons for abnormalities), you will have to visit the relevant installations, interact with the shop floor colleagues, and investigate. Understanding the production processes and how utilities are used is an added advantage especially at this point.
- Some of the reports you generate will feed into daily, weekly and monthly reviews/meetings, etc. As a result, you will spend some time tailoring required reports to meet business needs and may need to train colleagues on operations of the power plant from time to time to deepen their understanding.
- Furthermore, you will check the maintenance board to ensure completion of due maintenance activities and update appropriately.
- We believe in continuous excellence just as you do too. In this role, you will spend most of your time to improve relevant processes, identifying and developing opportunities for energy and water savings, and implementing resulting projects. This will require your creative and critical thinking to achieve excellent results.
Key Outputs / Deliverables
- Ensures that there exist within the Industrial Services team an attitude of absolute intolerance for unsafe situations. That all team members are encouraged never to implement any change, whether directly instructed to, or under his/her own initiative, without first questioning its impact in relation to product safety/quality, people safety and the environment. Zero tolerance for compromises.
- Initiates effective maintenance program for all related installations in the Power Plant (Electricity generation and distribution) to ensure their maximum performance.
- Directs all effort towards a “low cost, highly efficient” operation.
- Ensures that the relevant Power Plant equipment are operated, maintained, distributed and inspected, in accordance with all internal and external standards, regulations and audits (e.g. Generators, Absorption refrigerating machines, pressure vessels etc.).
- Organizes and controls the keeping of equipment performance records, labor and material usage, logbooks etc.
- Sets standards for spare parts, determines relevant stock levels and organizes for their replacements through overseas and local orders.
- Executes new installations, modifications according to plan, ensures standards, writes operational procedures for new and existing equipment and trains the users.
- Ensures the documentations are always up to date and both legal and Nestlé compliant.
- Manages all outsourced activities relating to power plant and distribution resources.
- Ensures timely maintenance of all power generating equipment and tracks all activities with reports.
What Will Make You Successful?
- Degree/Diploma in Engineering, preferably Mechanical, Electrical and Chemical Engineering.
- You have 4 years relevant experience with a University degree/ 5 years relevant experience with Higher National Diploma/ at least 3 years with a Master’s Degree, preferably in FMCG
- You have at least a second class or credit in your 1st degree. Relevant certification is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for safety, environment and statutory inspections. (OSH&R)
- In-depth knowledge of utilities plant operation and technology. (Power generation and distribution)
- Knowledge of quality requirements should utility come in contact with the product.
- Highly analytical with excellent problem solving skill
- Excellent communication skill with a service oriented mindset
- You are self-managed. You efficiently and effectively prioritize tasks.
- At least an intermediate knowledge of MS Office. MS Project is an added advantage
READ ALSO: Recruitment For Graduate at Coinbox Limited
Application Closing Date
9th March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online