Office Assistant Job at the International Federation of Red Cross
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 191 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Assistant
Duration: 9 months
Category of Staff: National Staff
- Under the direct Supervision and the guidance of the Administration Officer, the Office Assistant will manage the good quality of the working area of all the staff of the WC Cluster office.
- He/She is responsible for ensuring hygiene in the office: cleanliness of premises and equipment, management and waste incineration, water management and maintenance of the coffee machine.
- He/She will collaborate with the Administration Officer for the office cleaning supplies, materials and perform other administrative clerical duties.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure a daily cleaning of assigned offices and guest residents or any other sites assigned by the Administration Officer.
- Clean the dust on desks, furniture are clean for staff and Delegates
- Clean toilets everyday as required and ensure that toilet paper and water and toilets freshener are always available.
- Clean and empty Baskets and bins as required.
- Sweep and wash the floor with antiseptic if required
- Manage the office drinking water and change water bottles and replace them as required.
- Manage all related to tea or coffee break at the office (take care of the equipment: machine, cup, spoon…) the stock of tea, coffee and sugar and also their storage.
- Monitor sundry and cleaning items stock, replenish in offices and wash areas when getting low
- Ensuring that the office printers have paper for printing of documents
- Following signed requests, disbursing of stationary items to Staff.
- Receiving of incoming mails to the office
- Provide monthly list of cleaning materials requirements to the Administration Officer for procurement.
- Any other assigned duties.
- Higher National Diploma (HND), National Diploma (ND) or a Senior School Leaving Certificate (SSCE)
- Two years of working in similar position
- Good knowledge and familiar with Hygiene, cleaning products and equipment
- Good Knowledge of housekeeping Standards
- Working experience in Humanitarian environment
Knowledge, skills and languages:
- Rigorous monitoring of hygiene and disinfection
- Sense of organization
- Being punctual
- Basic secretarial skills
- Good interpersonal and communication ability
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Competencies and values:
- Neat and clean (Good notions of Hygiene)
- Discreet and Loyal
- Autonomy and Professionalism
READ ALSO: Current Recruitments at Abuja Clinics
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online