Personal Assistant – Managing Director Job at GlaxoSmithKline Plc
GlaxoSmithKline Plc (GSK), one of the world’s leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide.
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa’s largest consumer healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Panadol.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Personal Assistant – Managing Director Rx
Requisition ID: WD204627
Position: Full time
Functional area: Administrative Services
Relocation: Not Indicated
- To provide support to the GM/Managing Director, and other commercial functions in managing the office.
- Manage travel logistics for the Pharma LT (other than Sales) and support expense management.
- Have some understanding of public relations in relevance to the pharma industry to support the GM’s office and by extension safeguard GSK’s image.
- Be the first point of contact across all other functions to run the Managing Director’s office by becoming the point of reference for internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain and record on the SharePoint Site the minutes and agenda of Leadership Team meetings.
- Champion record retention archive system for Managing Director’s office:
- Review filing & Review documents to ensure the objectives of record retention.
- Coordinate a seamless travel plan for the Managing Director Rx and above country guests for pharmaceutical unit according to GSK travel policy and preparation of travel documents:
- Coordinate communication and channels
- Issuance of appropriate letters – Invitation and Introduction
- Ensure Adequate accommodation arrangements
- Organize airport arrival Meet and Greets
- Arrange for transfers on arrival to hotel, office etc. as well as Armed Escort if required and prioritize tasks around them
- Coordinate and manage the organization and logistics of all internal and external business events – Retreats, Breakfast & Lunch meetings as well as Business Dinners.
- Monitor fuel transactions on the Managing Director and Finance Director’s official vehicles.
- Support Communications and Government Affairs unit in responding to external correspondence for both Rx/Cx entities to regulatory and non-regulatory bodies as well as government officials.
- Provide support and work hand in hand with Managing Director Rx and Pharma Team Member and ensure all administrative works are completed at a given time.
- Provide office management and secretarial support to the Managing Director and Pharma team members within Nigeria.
- Extensive diary management, confirm meeting appointments, arrange face to face & telephone conferences, organize meetings, book meeting venues, invite attendees, schedule lunch, dinner & ensure completeness of meeting documents & other services as required.
- Retire all expenses for both the Managing Director and departmental expenses on both Credit Cards dollar/naira and cash expenses respectively monthly and ensure all Purchase Orders are raised on JD Edwards/E-form promptly for the departmental requirements and follow through all approvals to the point of delivery Pharma Managing Directorate’s Office
- Discuss and arrange the Managing Director’s official engagements. Compile, collate reports and presentations and follow up with external contacts.
- Minimum requirement is a Diploma Administrative or Secretarial Business Studies.
- IT literacy with proficient knowledge of Microsoft office packages especially Excel.
- Basic accounting qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Good typing skills.
- More than 5 years’ experience in a multinational office environment and flexibility to work with minimum supervision.
- Should be able remain calm, focussed and organised to deliver results on time.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Basic financial understanding
- Current knowledge of statuary requirements and codes of governing pharma industry.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Broad understanding of Pharmaceutical business and the environment it operates in
- Excellent Communication and customer care skills
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in a discreet and professional manner
- Must have initiative and make sound judgement.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply