Recruitment at Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited
Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL) is a leading management consulting firm focused on the agricultural and nutrition sectors in Africa. We partner with government agencies, private sector companies and leading international development organizations to conduct research, analyze policies, develop strategies and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition. We have worked on a variety of projects across West Africa, including in Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali, Nigeria, and Senegal.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager
- The Manager position is for experienced practitioners with a passion for agriculture.
- Managers have the opportunity to lead engagements with clients across the public, private and social sector and across multiple value chains to make a tangible impact to the agriculture and nutrition sector in Africa.
In this role, you will be required to fulfil the following primary responsibilities:
- Ensure timely and high-quality implementation of Sahel Consulting Agriculture and Nutrition Ltd SCANL projects, including planning, coordination of, and reporting of project activities.
- Manage a team of Sahel Capital employees and contractors to successfully deliver on projects’ objectives
- Manage engagement with stakeholders from the public, private and social sector to successfully deliver on projects’ objectives
- Prepare PowerPoint and Word reports summarizing research and analyses and developing recommendations for the client.
- Support senior management on other Sahel Consulting initiatives as requested.
- Led proposal writing and business development efforts
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements
We are looking for candidates with a passion for agriculture that are driven, and self-starters. Below are key qualifications we are looking for:
- Master’s in Agriculture, Business, Economics or related discipline
- At least 5 years of professional experience
- Experience in leading and managing teams
- Strong program management skills and high level of analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (both written and verbal), interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Willingness to travel (required).
Job Title: Operations Manager
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the division, ensuring that it is efficiently and effectively managed
- Actively track the inflow and outflow, and use of funds within the organization, ensuring transparency and accountability
- Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on the division’s activities, sales and financial results to the General Manager and CEO.
- Oversee the activities of the field and sales team members to achieve results, and drive sales growth and profitability
- Engage and manage relationships with potential and current customers
- Institute effective systems, controls and standard operating procedures to ensure world-class operations
- Engage in all other tasks related to the establishment and growth of the division
Qualifications and Requirements
- At least a BSc in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, Economics and other related courses
- At least five years of work experience in a related role
- Strong managerial skills, with clear evidence of execution ability
- Strong sales, marketing and financial management skills
- Exceptional public speaking and communication (oral, written, reading, listening) skills
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Proven track record of effective judgment and making beneficial strategic decisions.
- Demonstrated leadership, management and coordination skills
- Ability to effectively work under stress and deadline pressure
- A self-starter with proven ability to work with limited supervision
- Passion for the Nigerian agriculture sector
- Willingness to travel locally and internationally, when necessary.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a Word-formatted single document consisting of Cover letter and CV to: email@example.com Please identify the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
- We welcome hearing from qualified and interested applicants. Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications.
- Applicants are strongly advised not to cold-call or send unsolicited applications.