Job For Risk Officer at AgroMall
AgroMall Discovery and Extension Services Limited is at the intersection of digitised agricultural production support, digitised agricultural extension and digital financial services. We integrate agricultural economics, agronomy and quality control with financial services on our digital platforms turning them into powerful tools in the hands of our agents and farmers for improved farm production and financial inclusion of the rural economy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Risk Officer
Job Status: Full Time
Department: Risk Department
- As a Risk Officer you’ll be responsible for managing the risk of AgroMall, its employees, customers, reputation, assets and interests of stakeholders along with the Risk Manager
- You may work in a variety of sectors and specialize in a number of areas including business continuity, corporate governance, enterprise risk, information and security risk, market and credit risk, regulatory and operational risk, technology risk etc.
Operational and Technical Responsibilities:
- Leadership accountabilities
- Demonstrates initiative and role model behavior. Is proactive and works toward supporting an achievement oriented culture and performance excellence
- Displays appropriate behavior and contributes to creating a positive team spirit
- Remains alert to emerging issues and global trends that might benefit t or otherwise impact individual and team’s work;
- Creates regular opportunities for peers, colleagues, partners and stakeholders to contribute toward
- Manage the process for developing risk policies and procedures for AgroMall.
- Assist with the development and coordination of the risk management process which includes identifying, assessing, analyzing, reporting and evaluating company’s risks.
- Facilitate quarterly review and update of risks across AgroMall.
- Review and track close out of risks action items by due dates and ensure risk management infrastructures that support risk management process are performing effectively.
- Generate and send risk management reports to appropriate level of authorities as required.
- Carrying out processes such as purchasing insurance, implementing health and safety measures and making business continuity plans to limit risks and prepare for if things go wrong
- Speaks and writes clearly and concisely by effectively identifying key points relevant to the subject matter;
- Actively listens, shares information, and proposes suggestions and solutions;
- Consults with supervisor/manager to gather his/her views in support of the message to be communicated;
- Expresses his/her views and concerns in an impartial and constructive manner with the intent to resolve issues;
- Understands personal and team roles, responsibilities and objectives
- Proactively seeks clarification when needed
- Proactively seeks instruction, feedback and coaching to improve performance
- Demonstrates behaviors such as teamwork, knowledge sharing, maintaining relationships
- Recognizes potential road blocks to completing tasks and seeks guidance from Supervisors to address issues.
Education, Technical Skills, Competences and Working Relationship
Education and Experience:
- Minimum required experience: 2 year(s) experience in risk management role
- Min Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree/HND
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma (minimum of Second Class-Lower) in Accountancy, Finance, Economics, Mathematics or any numerate discipline.
- International Certification in Enterprise Risk Management is an added advantage
- Negotiation skills and the ability to influence people
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Commercial awareness
- Problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Analytical skills and a good eye for detail
- Planning and organization skills
- Risk Management
- Risk Analysis
- Technical acumen
- Numerical skills and the ability to evaluate costs
- The ability to understand broad business issues.
- This position Risk Officer Reports to the Risk manager
- Work Environment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply