Recruitment in an Indigenous Construction Company
An indigenous Construction Company providing top notch construction and engineering services, seeks to recruit the following personnel:
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Manage and plan all costs associated with all types of construction projects, from outset until completion, maximize project margin and add value to the construction process by proactive involvement in procurement, cost management and reporting.
- Minimize the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
- Perform risk and value management, as well as, cost control.
- Assist in evaluation of completed work for payment processing.
- Assist in certifying works completed by subcontractors; assess changes and document variation orders, monthly valuations and final accounts.
- Assist in the preparation of project status reports and production of curves.
- Preparation and adherence to project purchasing targeting and costing budgets.
- Monitor site resources usage against budget.
- Assist the procurement team in the analysis, selection, and placement of subcontract orders
- Assist the tender preparation team in the preparation of Bill of Quantities, costing for tenders, schedule of works, specifications, and all contract documentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Surveying.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of Quantity Surveying work, associated procedures, and practices.
- Should have knowledge in using relevant softwares and strong project management skills.
- Must have experience in road construction.
Job Title: Commercial Officer
Will support the end to end process of contract management for the organization.
- Assist in developing winning bids through understanding and preparation of bid tenders and other requirements.
- Research and analyze the identification of commercial opportunities.
- Assist in reviewing and eliminating where appropriate, either non-profitable or limited development areas.
- Strengthen relationships with new and existing customers.
- Ensure Clients do not exceed the contractual agreed terms.
- Follow up with outstanding receivables, and create collection strategies.
- B.Sc. or equivalent in the Social Sciences or related field
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ work experience in sales and marketing
- Proven strong sales & marketing skills
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Construction or related industry experience is an added advantage.
- A Self –motivated, proactive, professional, results and team oriented individual
Job Title: IT Officer
Would be responsible for monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks of the organisation, installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults and solving technical and applications problems.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and network operating system.
- Monitor and maintain technology to ensure maximum and secure access.
- Create and maintain inventory, which may include hardware, software and various items such as laser printer cartridges and peripheral equipment.
- Maintaining documentation of processes, procedures, and troubleshooting guides.
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software, software licenses
- Support the IT department in resolving network, connectivity, desktop, device and application issues for user via telephone, email and in person
- Maintain the Helpdesk application, issue and update
- Install and configure peripherals including scanners, external drives, monitors and other peripheral hardware.
- Update company website data periodically in collaboration with design and brand
- Create tickets and work orders and ensure to manage incident resolution process
- Request and setup new user accounts and email accounts
- Minimum of a B.Sc. or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields.
- Minimum of 1 year relevant working experience providing administrative and basic server and end user support on a Windows and Exchange network.
- Can Troubleshoots hardware/software issues including operating systems issues, malware or viruses, email, networking, printing, etc.
- Troubleshoots Internet connectivity issues at the ISP, switch, server and desktop levels.
Job Title: Land Surveyor
Manage and coordinate surveys and investigations of land surfaces and ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Manages and coordinates surveys and investigations of land surfaces.
- Ensure compliance to all applicable regulations and requirements including boundary calculations and legal issues.
- Ensure accurate measurements of the ground as required, including aspects such as small and large-scale distances, angles and elevations.
- Supervise the gathering of data on the earth’s physical and man-made features through surveys
- Analyse information thoroughly before it is handed over to other professionals
- Verify the accuracy of survey data including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
- A First Degree from a recognized University in Civil/Structural Engineering, Geophysics, Geology, Geography, Geo-technology, Land/Estate Surveying, Planning or Building.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in conducting land surveys/in the field.
- Certified Registered Surveyor of Surveyor with the Surveyors Council of Nig (SURCON) will be an advantage
- Ability to perform horizontal and vertical survey calculations.
- Ability to work with design engineers, clients, contractors.
Job Title: Procurement/Logistics Officer
Job Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Would be responsible for the sourcing and purchasing of quality goods and services from trustworthy suppliers within budget, as well as manage logistics of people, materials and equipment to and from site.
- Broad understanding of
- Coordinate product delivery logistics with suppliers, importers, transportation companies, Plant and Workshop operations while also co-ordinating movement of drivers and equipment on site.
- Ability to prepare and issue purchase orders, maintain information on suppliers, sprocurement requests, call for quotations, evaluate quotations and issue purchase orders to the competitive vendors.
- Be responsible for the storage and keep inventory of materials, tools and project vehicles on site.
- Examine and re-evaluate existing contracts.
- Prepare cost / benefit analysis
- Evaluation of potential suppliers and appropriate delivery management booking systems.
- Plan site set-up to move labour, plant, and materials around site efficiently also identifyinglay down areas and offloading points.
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- BSc degree in supply chain management, logistics, business administration or other relevant course.
- Good knowledge of supplier or third party management software
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- Membership of a procurement professional organization (CIPS, NCIPSM) is an added advantage
- Intellectual capacity to deal with complex logistics issues, and to implement logistics and supply chain vision, strategy and priorities.
- Have an instinctive feeling about future product concepts.
- Excellent Communication and Relationship Management Skills.
Job Title: Asst. Manager, Commercial
Job Level: Experienced
Will manage the end to end process of bidding for projects within the organisation while also managing relationships with new and existing Clients.
- Develop and supervise winning bids through understanding of tender and other requirements, demonstrating and communicating strategic capabilities and value.
- Identify commercial opportunities for the unit for new projects.
- Prepare and review contractual or commercial documents and agreements in collaboration with the commercial and operations team.
- Review and eliminate either non-profitable or limited development areas.
- Lead the team in building and strengthening relationships with new and existing Clients.
- Maintain effective working relationships internally and externally.
- Manage the expenditure of the commercial budget.
- Sc.or equivalent in the Social Sciences or related field
- Master’s degree or professional qualifications in Marketing or Business Management/Administration would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 7 years’ work experience in sales and marketing management including receivable management, with 3 years in leadership capacity.
- Construction or related industry experience is an added advantage.
- Strategic Planning & Management
- A person who has acute business acumen and negotiation skills
- Networking and Client Relationship Management skills
- A Team Leader and a can do attitude.
Job Title: Civil Engineer – Experienced
Would be responsible for providing assistance in planning, designing and overseeing construction and maintenance projects, such as roads, bridges, railways, bridges, power plants, water and sewage systems etc.
- Provide comprehensive day-to-day field supervision at the site. Ensure all construction is being performed to quality standards in compliance with design specifications, drawings, budget and schedule.
- Recommend measures to enhance improvement or efficiency opportunities that may arise.
- Identify risk and opportunity in all aspects of construction management, and implement mitigation measures where risks are appreciable.
- Judge whether projects are workable by assessing materials, costs and time requirements.
- Assess the environmental impact and risks connected to projects.
- Assist in planning designing and overseeing construction and maintenance projects.
- Test building materials, such as concrete, asphalt, or steel for use in particular projects
- Assist in the execution of project as required.
- A First Degree or Masters from a recognized University in Civil/Structural engineering
- COREN Certified desirable.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in construction project execution.
- Experience in road construction and rehabilitation of
- Proof of leading Project Teams and ability to work with design engineers, clients and contractors.
- Ability to work with CAD Packages.
- Professional membership with any internationally recognized engineering body (E.g PMP, PRINCE2)
- Excellent time management skills in order to handle competing deadlines.
- A high level of autonomy and self-efficiency with attention to detail.
- The will to learn and continuously develop skills and knowledge.
READ ALSO: Recent Job Vacancies at Lilygate Hotel
BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTS
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should send Cover letter and Cvs to email@example.com before 10th May 2019.