Job Vacancies at Ekesons Transport
Ekesons Transport – We operate bus transportation services according to accepted international standards of road transportation. Our services are specially designed for distinguished travellers who would otherwise use air service.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Welder
- Interpret blueprints, drawings, and measurements to plan layouts.
- Weld small and large components such as copper plumbing, beams, and pipelines.
- Use specialized machinery for industrial welding and oversee machines that perform the same job.
- Maintain and repair all machinery.
- Assess welded surfaces, structures and components to identify errors.
- Follow and enforce strict safety regulations such as wearing heat-resistant gloves, protective masks, and safety shoes.
- Monitor machinery for appropriate usage and temperature.
- Weld components in flat, vertical, and overhead positions.
- Analyze defective equipments and identify appropriate defective equipments and inform supervisors.
- Administer various components and perform welding of clamps, holding and bolts according to specifications.
- Manage work with help of manual welding machines and melt metals for various processes.
- Monitor all welding processes and ensure absence of any shrinkage and distortion to materials.
- Manage welding work and ensure compliance to all specifications to perform defect work.
- Replace new and fabricate parts fir dump trucks and trailers.
- Ensure clean weld joint to obtain smooth look.
- Maintain disc grinder and perform all cleaning and grinding of metals.
- Operate various manual and automated welding equipments for welding work
- Analyze speed and length of welding arc for all welding process.
- Assemble all components with help of power and hand tools.
- High School Diploma or equivalent qualification.
- A valid certificate in welding from an accredited institution is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a welder.
- Excellent knowledge of welding machinery, electrical equipment, and manual tools.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and designs.
- Attention to detail.
Job Title: Luxury Bus Mechanic
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts;using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- A Post-secondary Degree/Diploma and or related experience in heavy duty maintenance field is an asset. Understanding of mining equipment and shop scheduling.
- 5 to 10 years of maintenance related experience is an asset.
- Have a good understanding of maintenance facility flow along with a strong understanding of parts inventory flow, systems and supplier base specific to mine utility equipment and minewinches and tuggers.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skill
- Self-started who can work within a team environment
- Some travel is expected
- Can work flexible hours when required
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Can supervise a team of mechanics and shop labours
- Can work with maintenance planning dept. and shop personnel to ensure maintenance performance and requirements are completed.
Job Title: Customer Service Manager
- Providing help to customers using your organisation’s products or services
- Communicating courteously with customers by telephone, email, letter and face-to-face
- Investigating and solving customers’ problems, which may be complex or long-standing, that have been passed on by customer service assistants
- Handling customer complaints or any major incidents, such as a security issue or a customer being taken ill
- Issuing refunds or compensation to customers
- Keeping accurate records of discussions or correspondence with customers
- Analysing statistics or other data to determine the level of customer service your organisation is providing
- Producing written information for customers, often involving use of computer packages and software
- Writing reports analysing the customer service that your organisation provides
- Developing feedback or complaints procedures for customers to use
- Improving customer service procedures, policies and standards for your organisation or department
- Meeting with other managers to discuss possible improvements to customer service
- Involvement in staff recruitment and appraisals
- Leading or supervising a team of customer service staff
- Learning about your organisation’s products or services and keeping up to date with changes
- Keeping ahead of developments in customer service by reading relevant journals, going to meetings and attending courses.
- Customer service,training or business administration qualification,
- Minimum of 5 years experience in similar role.
- Professional certification will be an added advantage.
- Must reside in Lagos
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Outlook,Word,Excel,PowerPoint
- Proven experience in customer service management
- Proven experience in developing others
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV with a Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 20th May, 2019.