British American Tobacco recruitment for an Entry Level Warehouse Assistant
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Assistant
Job Number: 18862
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Appointment Type: Permanent
- The purpose of the role holder is to provide basic warehousing functions of receipts, storage and issuance of materials /goods and to avoid damage or wastages in the process.
- The main challenge for this role lies in ensuring good knowledge of materials and finished goods so that he/she will be able to interpret material specification sheets and finished product code so that any mistake can be identified easily.
- The role owner is also expected to have a good knowledge of inventory management and possess the ability to work with a number of unskilled workforce to generated expected results.
- Maintenance of proper storage of all company stocks in the warehouse, effective receipts of stocks and dispatch to external/internal customers.
- Ensuring that accurate data are captured and sent out to avoid unplanned costs.
- Keeping all parties updated on issue that may affect production.
- Internal customers’ satisfaction.
- Management of records in the warehouse in accordance with record management policy
- Ensure physical stock movement is posted in the system.
- Enforcement of compliance with BAT EHS/EMS guidelines in all warehouse activities
- Ensure Self Development by improving own knowledge of the other roles in the department.
- Ensure development and implementation of Training & Development plans for self as agreed with his supervisor/manager.
- Provision of required information/data as required by the superiors.
- Minimize cost of warehousing through effective use of resources.
- Ensure good housekeeping in the warehouse at all times.
- Ensure that accurate daily stock reports are sent out to all stake holders on time.
- Maintain good working relationships across the supply chain, SMD (second manufacturing department), QA (quality assurance) and engineering departments.
- Maintain good working relationship with our external suppliers.
- External environment: The role requires interaction with supplier i.e. the transporters bringing materials for offloading and trucks coming in to load goods for end-markets.
- Internal environment: The role involves close interaction with SMD for supplying of materials
Knowledge, Skills and Experience requirements
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the warehouse processes.
- A minimum of OND in any Numerical or Financial courses. In addition to this, a good knowledge of computer will be an advantage.
- Good inter-personal communication skills.
- Sound Analytical skills and ability to work with figures.
- Ability to work under pressure and with less supervision.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply