British High Commission Recruitment For Graduate Interns
The British Government through British High Commission is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Intern
Job ref.: 27/19 LOS (DIT)
Start Date: 1 September 2019
Type of Post: British Deputy High Commission
Type of Position: Fixed term, with possibility of renewal
Job Subcategory: Department for International Trade (DIT)
Job Category : Other British Government Departments (Partners across Government, including UK Visas)
Main Purpose of Job
- Provide administrative support for the West Africa Trade Service Manager and the corresponding wider trade service team; business development, research and analysis; strategic and logistical support for the team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Relations with stakeholders: develop and maintain contact with local (private and public) stakeholders, keeping record of all activities in the team’s databases.
- Any other related task that might be required as part of the Trade Service activities.
- Research: help in the formulation of market studies for British companies and the online management of customers.
- Maintenance of the team’s project database, and assistance in the identification of new contractual opportunities for British businesses.
- Event coordination: support in the organisation of official events and visits, including the preparation of agendas and invitations, arrangement of meetings, coordination of guests at events, and all related logistic activities.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Willingness to travel within Nigeria, if required
- Great team player, able to build collaborative working relationships across teams
- Good client engagement skills
- Strong IT skills in Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent English (written and spoken)
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Able to adapt to a quick changing and evolving business environment; deliver in the face of uncertainty; and work proactively and autonomously
- Ability to work with people at all levels of seniority in an international environment and within a fast paced, results orientated organisation
- Collaborating and Partnering, Achieving Commercial Outcomes, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Starting monthly salary: NGN135,419.
Other benefits and conditions of employment:
- The internship has a probation period of 3 months and is renewable for up to a maximum of 12 months subject to satisfactory performance. The intern position has a monthly allowance of NGN135,419 (paid in Naira directly into a Nigerian bank account
- Normal working hours for BDHC Lagos will be from 7.30am – 3.30pm, Monday to Thursday and 7.30am – 12.30pm on Friday. All applicants must be legally able to work in Nigeria with the correct visa/status or work permit.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTS
Application Deadline 22nd July, 2019.