Vacant Job For SEO Channel Manager at Jumia Nigeria
Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey in the position below:
Job Title: SEO Channel Manager – Jumia Food & Travel
Job Type: Full Time
- Jumia Travel is a hotel/flights booking website that provides travellers with the perfect place/flight they need at the best price from more than 25,000 hotels in Africa and more than 200,000 hotels around the world.
- Jumia Food is an online food ordering site that allows consumers to conveniently order meals of their choice from their preferred restaurants, and have them delivered straight to their home / office.
- As a SEO Channel Manager, you will be responsible for improving organic search visibility of our not-ecommerce websites (Food/Travel and other services). The successful candidate will support the overall goal of increasing sites traffic and revenue through strategic research, outreach, content creation, link building and execution of these campaigns while assuring each maintains a positive ROI and adherence to quality guidelines by search engines.
In particular you will:
- Manage on-page and off-page SEO efforts by optimizing content, overseeing reporting, conducting regular SEO audits, and pro-actively seeking out relevant link placements on external websites to increase organic rankings.
- Monitor Google Webmaster Tools to identify site issues, such as crawl errors and html suggestions.
- Define SEO IT Roadmap and interact with the IT Teams
- Monitor, track and report on SEO performance and trends.
- Research and stay up-to-date on new developments, trends and technologies within the SEO space.
- Design, execute & manage SEO processes, content strategies & link building outreach campaigns.
- Develop & maintain enterprise-level SEO guidelines & training.
- Communicate with management, teammates & affiliate managers on expectations, project timelines, development and goals/results.
- Manage a team of 2-3 SEO Specialists and be accountable for the weekly delivery of their established goals.
- Model the way for our SEO Specialists by demonstrating how to implement an established SEO strategy by “rolling up the sleeve” and actually executing it.
- Work independently on all aspects of SEO, including keyword research, content strategy, social media, outreach and link building
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Web analytics experience with knowledge of analytical tools such as Google Analytics & Google Webmaster Tools.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A sophisticated understanding of organic search and content marketing.
- Team building, mentoring and people management skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university.
- 3- 5 years experience of working independently on all aspects of SEO, including keyword research, content strategy, social media, outreach and link building
- Prior experience using SEO analysis/research tools like Majestic, SEO moz, or similar tools.
- Sound understanding of search engine algorithms and updates such as Panda, Penguin and Hummingbird core search technology – for regular sites, mobile sites and apps.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply