Recent Job Openings at Google Nigeria
Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world’s most successful organizations – a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind – but even as we continue to grow, we’re committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success. We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
Job Title: Associate Product Marketing Manager, Access Marketing
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Job
- Whether you’re on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product’s journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across Sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you’ll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
- As an Associate Product Marketing Manager (APMM) within the Sub Saharan Africa (SSA) Access Marketing team, you will help people access the internet and come online across the region, building and growing relationships, and working with diverse partners (e.g., original equipment manufacturer, app developers). You’ll also deliver campaigns and trainings, drive usage, and support our cross-functional teams to build scaled approaches to engage Android partners in the region.
- In this role, you will be part of the APMM Program, Google’s global, early-career program. As the start of your career in Marketing at Google, the APMM Program provides the skills you will need to become an excellent digital Marketer. You will participate in learning and development; travel internationally to learn more about our business in global markets; gain exposure to different products, Marketing functions, and/or global locations; and networking across Marketing. We are a diverse group of self-starters with backgrounds ranging from biology to sociology. We’re analytical and creative and contribute, and execute on, innovative ideas.
- Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google’s products solve the world’s problems–from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can–changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Develop marketing plans for Android and execute campaigns to drive usage of G suite. Work with the Business Development team to co-market with Telecommunications and OEM partners.
- Define and execute go-to-market strategies and organizational coordination for new feature/product launches, including positioning, naming, external communications, competitive analysis, and feature prioritization.
- Define retail marketing strategy for Android, including always-on retail training programs, sales incentive programs, point-of-sale marketing, and other customer facing experiences. Develop methods to track effectiveness of retail strategy through measurement and customer research.
- Use quantitative methods, models, and research to help Google better understand the market and provide important feedback into the product and strategic development cycle.
- Leverage marketing insights to better understand our customers and represent the voice of the user. Develop actionable, data-driven insights to inform product and marketing strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in tech marketing, brand management, strategy consulting, agency, or related field.
- Track record of analytical success.
- Understanding of Google’s products, the technology industry, the mobile industry, and Google/Android’s positioning in the region.
- Ability to think outside the box, demonstrating leadership to execute effectively and an interest in technology.
- Ability to think across disciplines, industries, cultures, and scenarios. Ability to manage and coordinate projects that span multiple locations.
- Ability to develop and understand strategy. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to speak fluently and idiomatically in any African national language.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Nairobi, Kenya; Lagos, Nigeria
Job Title: Public Policy and Government Relations Manager (English, French)
About the Job
As a member of Google’s Government Affairs and Public Policy team, you’ll be part of a diverse global government affairs team, working across regions, product areas, and functions. You’ll combine creativity and intellectual rigor with the organizational skills to manage various campaigns, projects and initiatives. In this role, you’ll advocate for Google to bring external perspectives back into the company to inform our perception and direction. You’re passionate about the opportunity to shape the future of how we use and build technology for everyone.
As a Public Policy and Government Relations Manager, you’ll combine creativity and intellectual rigor with the organizational skills to manage different campaigns and projects. You’ll apply your experience to real-world scenarios, helping shape the future of Internet and mobile policy.
As a member of Google’s Public Policy team in Sub-saharan Africa, you will help shape various product and issue agendas with policy makers inside and outside government. You will help advise our internal teams on the public policy implications of their products, contributing experience working with or in government, politics, or a regulatory agency as well as an ability to grasp complex technical and policy issues. You will also represent Google externally with government, regulators and third-parties and manage our local public policy strategy and campaigns, working with a cross-functional team of Google employees in Africa and with a closely-coordinated global Public Policy team.
Google takes its responsibilities seriously, including engaging with government and other stakeholders on important public policy challenges. The Government Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP) team leads the company’s engagement with executive branch officials, legislators, regulators and third-parties in the formation of public policy. Working closely with Google leaders, GAPP seeks to identify key policy issues, listen carefully to others’ views and opinions, and distill and share the company’s perspective on those issues with external stakeholders. While we focus on challenges affecting the internet, our issue areas are increasingly broad and encompass many areas where public policy, business, and technology intersect.
- Develop and lead public policy campaigns across the full range of policy areas that impact Google and the web (e.g., technology innovation, free expression, access, privacy, intellectual property, and copyright).
- Engage governments and other stakeholders, particularly on issues of regional relevance.
- Travel within the region.
- Engage directly with politicians and policy-makers.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working with or in government, politics, or a regulatory agency.
- Ability to speak and write in French and English fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience in policy related to economic and digital growth, the impact of internet, and technology on society and economy.
- Knowledge of the tech sector or the key issues impacting the web (e.g., economic growth, intellectual property, innovation and entrepreneurship policy, online safety media policy, free expression).
- Ability to manage complex technical and policy issues.
- Excellent personal, political, analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment and manage projects and relationships in multiple countries.
READ ALSO: Latest Recruitment at Konga Nigeria
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply