Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, Pathfinder international have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Pathfinder International Is Recruiting
Job Position: Technical Manager
Job Location: Nigeria
Company: Pathfinder International
Deadline Date: 19th October, 2019
Specialization: Project Management
Work Level: Manager (Staff Supervisor)
Job Type: Full-Time
Location(s): Abuja, Enugu, Lagos, Rivers (PH)
Date Posted: 19th September, 2019
- Leads and manages the project to achieve its intended impact in strengthening quality SRHR and SSCB service delivery (facility and community based) and globally increasing family planning use.
- Provides strategic leadership and managerial oversight of the administrative, programmatic, technical, and operational aspects of the project.
- Oversees the day-to-day work, including financial and budgetary oversight, timely implementation of activities, and stakeholder relationship management.
- Deploys staff and financial resources to achieve project targets.
- Positions the project as a leader in the field of SRHR and SSCB and as a successful partner in the development and cost-effective implementation of funded programs.
- Develops and maintains relationships with funding organizations and SRHR, SSCB programs operating globally.
Key Job Outcomes
- Strategic Leadership: Provides strategic direction of project activities.
- Develops and updates the project strategic plan to ensure alignment with programmatic directions and international priorities.
- Project Implementation: Ensures that project performance objectives and mandated deliverables such as technical activities, annual work plans and programmatic/financial/technical reports are carried out in a timely fashion and meet the highest quality standards.
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plans: Leads and directs monitoring, evaluation and learning strategies, frameworks, plans and indicators to capture project performance and results.
- Leads a periodic implementation review process to monitor progress and to identify specific actions that may be needed to achieve expected results.
- Financial and Administrative Operations: Collaborates with project staff to establish and maintain the ongoing administrative and financial operations of project offices, and ensure compliance with Pathfinder International’s policy and contract provisions.
- Develops, monitors and revises budget pipeline and conducts monthly reviews to ensure accountability of all project activities as well as the accurate and timely reporting of finance deliverables.
- Manage funds and approve expenditures in accordance with Pathfinder International and USAID procedures, cost principles, and regulations.
- Contracts: Contracts with and manages local individuals/organizations for identified tasks according to regulations and procedures.
- Negotiates consultancy agreements and develops capacity of local partners in mandated program areas.
- Security Standards and Guidelines: Ensures that appropriate security standards, guidelines and procedures are established, maintained, updated regularly and adhered to by the staff in all project offices in compliance with donor rules and regulations.
- Management and Supervision: Recruits, hires, develops and manages staff and subcontractors.
- Management Reports: Develops and presents timely financial, technical, and operations reports and updates on the project progress and difficulties.
- Documents project achievements for communications materials such as the annual reports, brochures, and website updates.
- Brand Ambassador: Cultivates and strengthens positive, productive relationships with donors, regulatory agencies, partners, and governmental agencies to ensure that Pathfinder International is consistently viewed as an effective implementing partner in meeting and achieving project targets.
- Proposals: Provides input and support to proposal teams in planning for and developing proposal submissions for project support.
Minimally Required Job Specific Competencies:
- Country Specific Public Health System: Deep knowledge of the countries’ public health systems. Deep knowledge of the political, social, economic, and cultural context of working globally. Mastery of knowledge of applicable US Government regulations and administrative procedures on the country specific public health system programs and projects.
- Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Deep knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services of programs, including program strategies and indicators, and the latest professional developments in SRHR, including special challenges and measurement issues faced in the developing world.
- Strategic Planning and Implementation: Advanced skills strategic visioning and leadership in institutional capacity building and developing.
- Proposal Development: Mastery of skills in proposal development from concept to full proposal, resource mobilization and budget management.
- Research Methods: Advanced knowledge and ability to apply quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Data Collection Methods: Advanced knowledge in data integrity and collection methods.
- Statistical Software Applications. Proven ability to apply statistical software applications.
- Leadership and Management: Proven ability to lead, manage, and develop others within a matrix culture.
- Program and Project Planning and Management: Advanced skills in designing, implementing and monitoring and evaluating development and intervention activities to fulfill performance objectives, including the timely implementation and reporting of donor-funded program activities in the health secto
- Community Relations: Advanced skills in facilitating working relationships between partners, government officials, and communities
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Change Leadership: Ability to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility in managing change across a broad group of stakeholders in an inclusive manner.
- Languages: Proven writing and speaking skills using local languages and English language
- Communication and Influencing Skills: Proven ability to influence others, including donor agencies and local partners, through diplomacy and proven oral and written communication skills.
- Presentation Skills: Proven ability to make presentations on results to small and large groups.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health: Demonstrated commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to work with people from different cultures, ability thrive in a matrix organization, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-pace environment.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidentiality in work-related matters.
Required Education, Training and Experience
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in Public Health, Social Sciences, Health Systems, Nursing Administration, Management, or a related advanced degree.
- 10 years of experience designing and implementing health service delivery strengthening projects, with five of these years spent managing large, complex family planning projects while living in developing countries.
- Travel required (at least 25%)
- Must be eligible to work in the US
- Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer.