MainOne success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
MainOne Cable Nigeria are recruiting
Job tiitle: Civil Engineering Project Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Minimum years of Experience: 10
- The Civil Engineering Projects Manager will be responsible for the management of assigned projects, ensuring that the projects meet the required quality standards and timelines within approved budget.
- He/She will also (as part of the planning process of assigned projects and to some reasonable extent) lead the design of all civil and structural works, manage vendors and partners in all areas of building/solutions and civil/structural engineering designs.
- He/she will also execute all projects in line with the desired business objectives and ensure deliverables aligns with the strategic intent of MainOne.
Other job responsibilities will include:
- End to end project management and delivery (Initiation, Planning, Implementation, Quality Control, Reporting, Documentation & Closure) of assigned projects and in line with overall business goals
- Civil engineering designs/approvals of designs and supervision of all aspects of assigned the projects to conclusion
- Undertake initial cost estimates of project for budget purposes and ensuring Projects budgets are in line with QS standard estimates.
- Evaluate vendor’s proposal submission and make recommendations based on qualitative and qualitative vendor analysis
- Select products/services based on numerical analysis of available products and make constructive recommendations to the Management.
- Research and make recommendations of cost effective solution and implementation options for projects and infrastructure
- Document and analyze potential project risks, barriers/obstacles and define appropriate mitigating plans to enable timely avoidance and resolution
- Vendor engagement and management as needed on each project to ensure the selected vendor is competent and recommended solution for each project is practicable and cost effective
- Engage vendors/contractors and provide value engineering on all projects as may be required from time to time.
- Prepare and present periodic reports for management (daily, weekly, monthly…) or as may be required from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- BSc/HND in Civil Engineering with an experience of not less than 10 years in Civil engineering/Telecoms projects. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Strong Project Management experience also demonstrated by a good certification (PMP/Prince-2) or a master’s degree in project management
- Hands-on experience of design tools such as AutoCAD, Visio, Revit etc is a requirement
- Must be numerate with strong commercial acumen
- Ability to research cost effective solutions for products and services is a requirement
- Organization planning and budgeting skills
- Good knowledge of telecoms and support infrastructure standards will be an added advantage.
Demands of the Job:
- Will be required to liaise and interface with other groups/departments such as Procurement, Data centre, Finance etc.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to appl