Total is the fifth largest publicly-traded integrated oil and gas company in the world, with 100,000 employees in more than 130 countries worldwide. Our size and performance rank us as one of the top five global oil companies. “We are among the majors that invest the most in exploration. More importantly, our teams are highly motivated. They have a real pioneering spirit we must keep cultivating!”.
Total is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Electrical Engineer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Within the framework of AKPO Operations, the main objectives are,in the field of maintenance of Electrical & HVAC Equipment & Machines, to:
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the Maintenance Plans prepared at project stage (including dedicated procedures, spare parts coverage, tools selection and other technical aspects), coordinate with the Methods Department their consolidation in adequate and efficient maintenance workable packages, in accordance with the Maintenance Policy.
- Ensure proper assistance of external resources (vendors, contractors, means and equipment) to support theoffshore Electrical & HVAC staff and ensure Electrical & HVAC equipment integrity.
- Provide technical expertise in view of timely and efficiently address the failures and loss of performance, monitoring equipment condition, ensuring optimized maintenance, ensuring compliance with Company rules, procedures and specifications.
- Administer and ensure the adequate level of competence and performance of the contractors, through audits, competence evaluation exercises, training initiation, etc.
- Prepare and coordinate the major interventions and overhauls in all technical, contractual and logistic aspects
- Responsible for the Technical content of the Maintenance Methods in the field of Electrical Engineering, networks, PDCS, UPS, HVAC including the responsibility for maintenance plans, spare parts coverage, working techniques, and the procedures, in accordance with the Maintenance Policy.
- Revise the maintenance plans prepared by the various Contractors, and ensure their proper implementation.
- Coordinate with the Methods Department the consolidation of the Maintenance Plans.
- Ensure suitable spare-parts availability/coverage through adequate stock management parameters; initiate the necessary improvements in accordance with the reliability and availability objectives.
- Perform the duties of Technical Administrator for the Electrical & HVAC Spare Parts.
- Develop and control proper implementation/use of the techniques and tools required for an efficient maintenance, including both technical (condition monitoring, working tools, etc…) and administrative/reporting aspects (Work reports, data trending, spare parts consumption, etc…).
- Responsible to control and ensure the data captured in Unisup are accurate; perform their analysis and propose optimization plans.
- Ensure proper management of the equipment support means including documentations, tooling, software, etc.
- Provide technical expertise in view of timely and efficiently address the failures and loss of performance of equipment.
- Analyze the equipment performances, perform technical studies, provide technical support on any technical queries, and make proposals for improvement and optimization.
- Perform modification studies as required.
- Ensure the operations under own authority are prepared and performed in accordance with Company rules, procedures and specifications, and in full compliance with the HSE standards.
- Responsible for the mobilisation, the coordination, the logistic arrangements, of the external resources (vendors, contractors, means, etc…) required for the operations in own field of competence (Electrical & HVAC). Includes initiation of call off, or service order, definition of scope of work, work performance follow-up, control/acceptance of deliverables, and any other duty until satisfactory completion of the required service.
- Ensure professionalism and competence of selected contractors, initiate or participate to audits for that purpose.
- Provide technical assistance of whatever nature to site operational staff, in accordance with the operational requirements.
- Participate to budget preparation, contribute to cost control of operations under own technical authority.
- Contributes to training and development of the National staff, and in particular of the engineers and technicians under his authority.
- May be acting Maintenance Manager when necessary.
- An Engineer University Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Excellent in High & Low Voltage equipment & Networks, HVAC, UPS and PDCS etc
- Minimum 10 years experience as Electrical Engineer including 5 in the Petrochemical industry
- Minimum 5 years in supervisory operational position
Application Closing Date
16th November, 2019.
How To Apply