Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
Stanbic IBTC Bank is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MIS Analyst
Job ID: 43942
Job Sector: Banking
- Finance: budgeting and forecasting, creating interim and annual financial statements, facilitating internal mergers and acquisitions, as well as dealing with analysts and investors.
- Primary responsibilities include requirements analysis, to gain an understanding of business needs to develop level of effort estimates needed for MIS reporting platform design and development for business.
- Perform code reviews of existing MIS reports, optimize where necessary and develop technical documentation. Additional responsibility includes analyzing and fixing user queries.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- First degree in Engineering/Computer Science
- Oracle certification, ITIL will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Finacle, understand financial instrument and accounting
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in MIS Finance
- In depth understanding Oracle, SQL Server
- Financial and Accounting Control
- Interpreting Financial Statements
- Preparing Financial Statements
- A level of Understanding in IFRS
- Financial Consolidation
- Reconciling Financial Records.
Personal Skills and Qualities:
- Willingness to undertake additional training relevant to the post.
- Ability to communicate and liaise clearly and effectively across all levels of the organization, and with external organizations.
- Capable of developing good understanding of complex educational developments and reporting issues.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Able to scrutinize work to ensure accuracy, quality and time-management.
- Able to confidently provide training to others, sharing skills, knowledge and experience.
- Good organizational and administrative skills.
- Excellent time management.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to follow instructions and to understand a complex brief.
- Ability to cope with month-end reporting activities demands.
- Enthusiasm and commitment for the post.
- An interest in working in the education sector.
- Flexible approach to work and a willingness to undertake a variety of tasks and adjust hours according to the needs of the college/trust.
- Commitment to continuous professional development and willingness to learn from experience and practice
- Commitment to equal opportunities and safeguarding
- Able to coordinate the development of projects which involve contributions from across a team of people
- Ability to work flexibly to find simple output solutions to complex problems.
- Initiative; the ability to propose changes to existing systems and reports and to foresee additional systems and reports to enhance existing ones.
- Appreciation and interest in the value and application of data reporting systems beyond the process of construction.
Maintenance of all the MIS BI platform across the group:
- Actively participate in the development and review of business and system
- requirements to obtain a thorough understanding of business needs in
- order to deliver accurate solutions.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Analyze, facilitate, model and extract data and information from MIS systems based on users’ requirements.
- Design application solutions that fully implement business requirements.
- Expeditiously troubleshoot application and production issues without causing additional problems.
- Navigating the competing needs of multiple stakeholder groups, defining an end-to-end business process that is acceptable to all groups.
- Mapping out requirements for one or more systems to support business processes.
- Provide updates to head, MIS Finance on work in progress, work completed, work planned, and issues potentially impacting on completion or quality level of work.
Development and Designing interactive and insightful dashboard:
- Must have competency in BI tools such as IBM Cognos, Qlikview, Power BI, Qliksense
- Translate business needs to technical specifications
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions (e.g. reporting tools)
- Maintain and support data analytics platforms (e.g. MicroStrategy)
- Create tools to store data (e.g. OLAP cubes)
- Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting
- Evaluate and improve existing BI systems
- Collaborate with teams to integrate systems
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses
- Create visualizations and reports for requested projects
- Develop and update technical documentation
- Designing, developing and maintaining business intelligence solutions
- Crafting and executing queries upon request for data
- Presenting information through reports and visualization
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online