Mastercard – We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Mastercard are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Acceptance Development (Ghana & ROWA)
Ref Id: R-93872
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
- Acceptance Development
- Merchant, Retailer and third-party payment facilitator business development
- Acquiring Bank business development
- Regulatory over sight (in relation to Interchange impact on acceptance )
- ‘Go To’ person for Acceptance Development across Ghana and Rest of West Africa (ROWA), ensuring alignment between the individual markets ‘go-to-market’ approaches and the overall MEA Acceptance Development strategy, taking into account the region’s longer term strategic initiatives. This individual will be responsible for developing dedicated acquirer and merchant plans.
- Establish strong relationships with the players in the acceptance value chain and work with new players to provide new models to the market. This individual will enhance merchant/retailer relationships by creating value along the lines of relevant and specific value added solutions (ie on-line gateways, Mastercard QR, PayPass, information services, co-brands). The candidate should be able to quantify the benefits for both parties through an understanding of MasterCard’s P&L and maximizing revenue for all parties through an effective acceptance strategy.
- The successful candidate will work closely with the West Africa management team on the regulatory and economic impacts that affect the acceptance of electronic commerce.
- Analyze business opportunities to increase share and revenue. Implement both short and long term strategies and tactics to increase profitability.
- Implement Acceptance Development solutions that improve revenue generation and enhance mutual profitability.
- Leverage all MasterCard assets and product management resources to deliver exceptional merchant/acquirer value.
- In partnership with regional Acceptance Development resources, contribute to developing MEA-wide business plans, leveraging appropriate market intelligence.
- Interpret and assess available MIS to identify opportunities for innovation.
- Deliver extensive acceptance expertise and knowledge into the market place.
- Drive ATM and POS acceptance in Nascent markets.
- Guide processing and switching strategy to grow acceptance.
- Prioritise markets and work streams taking into account financial viability and time to market on projects.
- Project-manage initiatives – from concept through to implementation.
- Deep business development and marketing experience, gained in the financial services, payments or retail sectors
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, extensive experience in communicating in international environment at senior management level
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Organization and time management skills; ability to multi-task
- Exceptional business judgment and strategic planning skills
- Business Case development, including financial analytics
- Budget preparation and management
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Solid solution development skills and effective working both independently and in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- B-Com required, MBA preferred.
- Strong project management, problem solving, analytical and organizational experience
- Experience in merchant acquiring, retailing and/or corporate transactional banking will be advantageous
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple stakeholders in a multicultural environment across multiple geographic locations
Key Competencies sought:
- Business Acumen
- Knowledge leadership
- Solution drive
- Results orientation
- Strong Analytical ability
- Project Management
- Influence, Assertive, Initiative
- Autonomy, Independence and Accountable
- Quantitative, qualitative and analytical insight
- Commitment, Passion and Energy
- Ability to work with team as well as independently
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law