Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Data Analyst
Job Location: Ebonyi
- The Data Analyst will oversee data collection, verification, and analysis for the on-going UNITAID project in Nigeria to expand access to preventive chemotherapy for pregnant women.
- This project aims to scale up an innovative, community-based approach to improve coverage of intermittent preventive treatment in pregnancy (IPTp).
- The Data Analyst will provide key support for deployment of tablet-based data collection, supporting adherence to standard operating procedures in data collection, verification and quality improvement.
- Conduct data analysis, and provide routine reports to the M&E Advisor on status of data collection, successes and challenges, and recommendations for overcoming them. Support and build capacity of health workers and managers in quality data recording, analysis and interpretation, and use of data for improvement.
- Collect and report state/local government service delivery data against the indicators. Ensure quality of data through data verification procedures and finally generate data analysis for reporting.
- Oversee day-to-day data collection of State/Local Government service delivery data
- Coordinate all M&E data collection capacity-building activities with facility staff
- Ensure quality of data through data verification procedures, including routine data quality audits
- Conduct initial analysis of data
- Contribute to results reporting to UNITAID by providing written documentation on M&E activities and indicator results for progress and annual reports, as appropriate.
- Utilize the data collected to inform strategic decision-making and project planning
- Ensure relevant data is entered into JADE, Jhpiego?s organization-wide performance management system, designed to capture, analyze, and disseminate project data
- Promote and support the dissemination of project information among the project team
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in any of the following; Public Health, Demography, Statistics, Social Sciences or related field or equivalent experience. Masters’ degree in public health is an advantage
- 5 – 10 years of work experience in monitoring and evaluating large, multi-year international health sector development programs (approximately $10M per year)
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, operations research, implementation science, health management information systems, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis and presentation
- M&E experience in maternal and child health care, with demonstrated experience on malaria work
- Familiarity with Nigeria health management information system and other national M&E systems
- Proven expertise in providing technical assistance
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop technical capacity in national programs and technical staff
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple projects/tasks, short deadlines, competing deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Ability to interact with established networks of senior level international health professionals, donors, universities and other partners
- Appreciation for socio-cultural differences in countries, preferably having lived and worked in one or more low resource settings
- Awareness of, sensitivity to, and experience in working in multiple socio-economic settings and with multi-cultural staff and groups
- Ability to develop productive working relationships with counterparts in other agencies and organizations worldwide
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams
- Strong technical skills, including ability to process and analyze data using one or more statistical software packages, including at least two of the following: SPSS, Epi-Info, Stata, MS Access and Excel; and power BI
- Proficiency in word processing and Microsoft Office
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Excellent facilitation, oral and written communications skills
- Ability to travel nationally.
READ MORE: Latest Job Recruitment at FHI 360
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an Application Letter and a CV as ONE SINGLE WORD document to: email@example.com