Myrtle Management Consultants Limited – Our client is a Recycling and Commodity Trading company. They trade, recycle and export various metals – Lead, Aluminium, Steel, etc. Their core is the exporting of Lead Plates.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Accountant – Lead
Job Location: Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
- As a Accounts Lead, your role supports the work of the Company’s Chief Financial Officer, focusing on the definition and implementation of our financial strategy and culture.
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
- Report regularly to line manager, the Company’s financial performance, product reports and any other reports that may be required from time to time.
- Establish charts of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current technology or designated ERP
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements (make VAT and PAYE returns to relevant tax authorities)
- Liaise and respond to correspondences from Government agencies
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice
- Assemble spreadsheets and draw charts and graphs used to illustrate technical reports
- Analyze financial information to produce forecasts of business, industry, and economic conditions for use in making investment decisions
- Interpret data affecting investment programs, such as price, yield, stability, future trends in investment risks, and economic influences
- Monitor fundamental economic, industrial, and corporate developments through the analysis of information obtained from financial publications and services, investment banking firms, government agencies, trade publications, company sources, and personal interviews
- Prepare plans of action for investment based on financial analyses
- Any other responsibilities assigned by line manager
- Perform intercompany (related companies) reconciliations using appropriate templates
- Perform data entries in ERP for all cash transactions from the manual cashbook prepared by the Treasury Officer
Please note that the above mentioned is an outline summary of the incumbent’s duties and tasks and is in no way restricted to the above functions. At any given time, management can amend these duties and tasks as per operational requirement. Any changes to the above job description would be communicated to the employee in order to ensure awareness of any changes and to take up the additional duty and or responsibility.
- BIG 4 experience is Essential.
- Excellent observation abilities
- Capable of working independently and with minimum supervision
- The logical approach to identifying and evaluating issues and problem-solving
- Well-developed organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments
- Displays awareness of the need for confidentially in sensitive matters
- Demonstrated job commitment and personal flexibility to meet changing expectations
- Commitment to self-development and expansion of knowledge
- Ability to Conduct and Evaluate Research
- Demonstrate Working Knowledge and Expertise
- Good Decision Making
- Excellent communications both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good Analytical skills
- Has a strong knowledge in the use of Finance ERP (SAP, NetSuite)
- Excellent commands over excel and word.
- Interviews are on a rolling basis to this date
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.