Svelte Global Company is currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Position: Contracts and Procurement Supervisor
Job Location: Lagos
Job Description and Profile
- This position will provide contracts and procurement function to support well construction and project management (WCPM) activities.
- Reports to the Contracts and Procurement Manager
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Plan, organize, manage and execute procurement and contract activities from initial strategy development to award and follow up the post award contract management phases for all contracts in portfolio.
- Achieve established short and long term smooth running of the contracts, mitigate potential claims, and manage variations.
- Source adequate vendors for all procurement needs
- Document (ITTs/Awards /POs/Contracts etc.) preparation, processing approval and administering.
- Laisse with internal customers (User Department) to support commencement of drilling and support ongoing drilling operations.
- Liaise with vendors, client, and other stake holders.
- Support in obtaining timely approvals from Regulatory bodies (as applicable) of the C&P processes, tenders, awards.
- Monitor and follow up on deliverables from vendors and coordinate with vendors and logistic/User department for delivery of materials to intended place.
- Keep record of all awards released, variations issued and close out the contracts / awards at the end of campaign.
- Coordinate and support the finance department where necessary to address the contractual issues to enable timely payments.
- Review vendors invoices (if required) and obtain necessary approvals.
- Interfaces with the project team in order to plan and prioritize purchasing activities to support the business activities
- Act as the focal contact person for all supply chain & finance initiatives
- Ensure POs are created prior to commitment and good receipt is performed within 2 days of goods receipt or service delivery.
- Interface with the Accounts Payables personnel to ensure that the entire procurement to pay (P2P) process is implemented fully and seamlessly.
- Create requisitions and manages the approval process to PO generation and transmittal to vendors.
- Transmits and prioritizes approved purchase orders, with appropriate supporting documents, to Supplier and tracks acknowledgement of order by Supplier
- Prepares and communicates shortage and backlog reports, and provides visibility of other potential interruptions to internal customers
- Reviews, updates and maintains Open Purchase Orders until closed.
- Reports Supplier non-conformances and prepares return documentation to Supplier
- Leads finance and Logistics staff in resolving reception and invoice discrepancies
- Identifies opportunities and implements actions to continually reduce wasted time, money and resources form assigned tasks
- May be assigned other duties, in addition to, or in lieu of those described, according to the needs
- Accurate and timely preparation of Purchase Orders and tracking and update of Open Purchase Orders from approval through to closure.
- Immediate reporting of non-conformances with follow up until resolved.
- Assist in the development and issue of tenders, evaluation, finalization of contracts, prepare and issue contracts and procurement orders, termination, suspension and disputes management, certificates for commencement and termination dates.
- Follow up on operational requirements and ensure contractual matters are resolved with minimum delays.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of 8 Years of Experience in the oil and gas industry with at least 3 years in contracts and/or procurement function with relevant experience.
- Experience with international oil companies will be added advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher diploma in any of the following discipline: engineering, manufacturing, science, business admin, accounting, supply chain management (contracts, procurement & logistics)
- Strong both verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of oil and gas industry requirements for contracts, procurement and logistics
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities with the ability to make technically and economically sound recommendations with tight deadlines;
- Effective decision maker with the ability to apply and follow through on decisions and actions
- Negotiation skills to allow for cost effective procurement
- Strong interpersonal and ability to work with teams.
- Must be innovative and positive in dealing with changes and reacting to project difficulties
- Effectively managing time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently
- Sets high standards of performance for self
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for the successful completion of assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than have standards imposed
- Strong computer skills (MS Office) and familiar with relevant ERP or supply chain management software
YOU MAY WANT TO APPLY FOR:
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as subject of the mail.