Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
The French Section of Médecins Sans Frontières is recruiting for its project in Abuja:
Job Title: Logistics Specialist – WATSAN
Location: Abuja (with support to the field projects)
Contract: 208 working hours per month.
- Provide day-to-day support to all projects in his/her field expertise for all WatSan related matters, in accordance with the Mission policies and standards as defined by the Logistics Coordinator, Watsan Regional Technical Referent and HQ Referents.
- Assist in the production of WatSan related documents (including engineering drawings, work and technical specifications, bill of quantities, terms of reference, tender documents and contract forms, etc.) for the projects according to MSF standards as defined by the Project and Technical Referents.
- Support in the management and follow-up of the recommendations and timeline of activities for all projects (daily management site supervision) in his/her field of expertise in collaboration with the Project Logisticians (LTL/Log Managers).
- Assist in the quality control for all WatSan installations and works and material in collaboration with the Project Logisticians and Logistics Coordination team.
- Ensure the projects’ support through field visits and gap filling (ie: staff leave, etc.) for the respective field technical positions
- Support communications and information sharing between project WatSan supervisors and technicians
- Performs technical WatSan assessments in collaboration with the medical teams, identify needs, provide recommendations, and support to responses in his/her field of expertise.
- Support the Logistics Coordinator and Project Teams in defining the WatSan strategy for the Mission, including the Yearly Operational Strategy, MaP and Budget revision/forecast.
- Ensure the compliance to the Mission policies, procedures, protocols in his/her field expertise.
- Ensure the implementation and follow-up of proper management strategies for medical and non-medical waste including the destruction of expired items according to the Mission Protocol of destroying expired medical items.
- Participate in monthly reports according to Mission requirements.
- Represent MSF France in any WASH Cluster Meetings and/or Camp Coordination meetings in the capital or project sites.
- Support in the capitalization of information of innovation projects in coordination with the HQ Referents and Logistics Coordinator in his/her field expertise.
- Ensure adequate follow up of stock, equipment inventory and maintenance plan for the WatSan family on MEMO at mission level.
- Support in the administrative part (contract management, WatSan market assessment, renewal documentations, training needs and opportunities, etc.) for the WatSan related activities in the Mission.
- Participate in the development of maintenance strategies and all WatSan related policies; monitor and follow-up the implementation in the projects (Hygiene, Vector Control, Waste Management, etc.)
- Support the Mission during Emergency Response by leading the WatSan activities (including support to IPC) of any epidemic, natural disasters and conflict response. Additionally, he/she must be able to coach emergency responders regarding WatSan activities involved during the epidemics/emergency.
- Act as a technical referent for the Coordination for WASH Contingency/Buffer and Emergency Preparedness stock definition based on the mission requirements, turnover of equipment/spare parts etc. through field visits observation.
- Participate in elaborating of WatSan emergency strategies and response plans including resources in collaboration with the medical and logistics teams.
Learning and Development:
- Participate actively in the development and implementation of training activities for the WatSan supervisors and technicians in the Mission, in collaboration with the WatSan Regional Technical Referent and Technical Advisor.
- Perform hands on tasks as part of the team whenever required or needed in order to optimize the resources and to contribute with his/her knowledge and experience.
- Technical university degree or HND equivalent in Civil, Environmental, Hydraulic or Public Health Engineering is essential. Specialization in Water and Sanitation is desirable.
- Proficient user of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) is essential.
- Proficient user of AutoCad drawing program is essential.
Monthly Gross salary N380,942 NG plus 13th month allowance equivalent to 1 month of salary.
YOU MAY WANT TO APPLY FOR:
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should follow the 2 Step process below to apply.
First Step (Mandatory to respond to the google form):
Click Here to Fill Application Form
Submit your CV, qualifications and a Cover Letter with contact details to the “MSF Administration Office” by email to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Please make sure to submit your application on or before the deadline above
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system
Application Deadline 25th May, 2020.