The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking prospective candidates for the anticipated Prevention of Spread of COVID-19 Pandemic through Awareness Raising and Livelihoods Support for Adolescent Girls and Boys in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states.
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Office Assistant
Locations: Damaturu, Maiduguri and Yola
Department: Atiku Center
Nature of Employment: Project Assignment
Supervisor: Report to the Project Officer/Office Manager
- The Office Assistant will assist the Project/Office Manager to carry out routine day to day administration of the project and office tasks.
- Support in the coordination of office management, activities and programs in project office.
- Carry out filing of relevant materials and project documents.
- Provide administrative support to program teams based in the project communities.
- Tracking and ensuring participants in training events sign attendance.
- Conducting and reporting pre-training venue inspections and work with hotel staff to prepare venues as required.
- Coordinate transport of training equipment and materials to venues ready for use.
- Tracking project pending actions, including following-up/reminding concerned staff.
- Update project operations files and staff contact list.
- Providing logistics and other support to program implementation
- Any other duty as may be required from time to time by the supervisor.
- Degree in Social, Business Management, Public Administration, or equivalents.
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant work experience with an NGO.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the Project.
Application Closing Date
26th May, 2020.
YOU MAY WANT TO APPLY FOR:
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here (doc) to apply online and submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and references on a single file to: firstname.lastname@example.org in a word document or PDF format. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email
- The position is local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- The position is contingent on the award of the project to the American University of Nigeria.
- This position is for one year, renewable based on performance and continued donor funding.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status.