Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Engineering Intern
Job number 720502
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment type: Internship
Travel: 0-25 %
Role type: Individual Contributor
- Software engineers at Microsoft are passionate about building technologies that make the world a better place. At Microsoft, you will collaborate with others to solve problems and build some of the world’s most advanced services and devices. Your efforts on the design, development, and testing of next-generation applications will have an impact on millions of people.
- Applications to these opportunities are considered for all available Software Engineering intern roles including the ones described below, depending on education level and/or location. To be considered for an internship position, you need to be enrolled full-time as a student majoring in an applicable field.
- Due to nature of the Intern Program we are currently prioritizing applications from students with a final graduation date in 2021. Nevertheless candidates graduating in 2022 and beyond may apply as well.
- Software engineers (SWEs) collaborate with a committed team to design, develop and test the next generation of technology solutions for millions of people
- Software engineers (SWEs) work with teammates to solve problems and build innovative software solutions. You are passionate about customers and product quality, and you provide technical guidance to Program Managers as they consider user needs and product requirements. You will also be expected to demonstrate an ability to learn and adopt relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes to leverage in your solutions.
- As a SWE, you are dedicated to building software to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more.
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering, computer science or related field with at least one semester/quarter/term remaining after internship.
- A year or two of experience programming in C++, Java or other computer programming languages preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of algorithms, data structures and other systems architecture factors that affect code quality, performance and customer experience
- Some experience building software outside of the classroom environment like an internship, hackathon, research project or related experience preferred
- Demonstrated skill in time management and completing software projects in a cooperative team environment
- Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
- We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
- If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.