Blueprint Consult is an indigenous Ghanaian firm providing recruitment and other Human Resource Management related services to major firms in the West African sub region, international organizations, government bodies and institutions.
We are recruiting for the WAPP North Dorsal Project to fill the position below:
Job Position: Accounting and Finance Assistant
Job Location: Abuja
- The assignment of the Accounting and Finance Assistant is to provide support to the Finance Department at the Headquarters in Abuja.
- The post holder will support in the preparation of accounting records and the compilation of financial data for financial required reports within the policy and procedural guidelines of the Donors and WAPP North Core.
Duties and Responsibilities
Key duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Prepare payment vouchers, petty cash vouchers and other accounting records including journal vouchers for daily transactions;
- Enter transactions into computerized accounting system (TOMPRO) on a daily basis;
- File accounting records in a secure and organized manner;
- Review petty cash reports regularly and verify their accuracy against source documents for the head office; country offices and field offices in each North Core country.
- Assist with the update of the cashbook on a monthly basis;
- Maintain the Accounts Payables Sub-ledger
- Assist with fixed assets classification, tagging of assets, verification of assets and update of fixed assets register; Assist with the preparation of bank reconciliation reports;
- Assist with the preparation of withdrawal application forms;
- Assist with the preparation of monthly disbursement reports and interim financial statements;
- The Accounting and Finance Assistant will assist the Senior Accountant and Senior Financial Specialist to prepare and consolidate all the interim and annual financial reports of the project.
- Any other accounting and finance clerical duties.
Qualification and Experience
- Hold a first Degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or in a related field;
- Must be at least an affiliate/associate member of a recognized accounting body ACCA, ICAN, ICAG etc.
- Have a minimum of seven years work experience in the field of Accounting or Audit out of which three years of experience must have been acquired in a donor-funded project environment. (A candidate who has a bachelor’s degree, partly qualified with 10 years of work experience shall be considered)
- Procedures and guidelines of international funding institutions, in particular The World Bank (WB), African Development Bank (AfDB), and Agence Française de Développement (AFD);
- The ability to use computer based financial accounting tools such as TOMPRO, together with associated sub modules
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and the internet
Desirable qualities, skills and competencies:
- Professionalism: Knowledge of, and ability to apply financial rules, regulations and procedures of donors. Ability to maintain accurate records, review and interpret a wide variety of data. Ability to identify and resolve data discrepancies and operational problems. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings, Ability to work in a team in a multicultural environment
- Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
- Proficiency in French (Read, write, speak) with a good working knowledge of English.
YOU MAY WANT TO APPLY FOR:
Method Of Application
Click Here To Apply nOW