Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Job ID: 2000035T
Employee Status: Fixed Term
- As part of the Finance team, the Finance Assistant will be responsible for supporting effective Financial management and administration processes for the Nigeria CO programme.
- He/she will support Nigeria Finance team in areas of; electronic archiving of financial documents, Accounts reconciliations, and other Finance Administrative duties as per SCI guidelines. He/she will effectively interact with a diverse group of stakeholders, manage expectations and duties according to the agreed timelines. He/she will be required to back stop for field offices whenever the need arises
- In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal job descriptions and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Scope of Role
- Reports to: National Accountant
- Staff directly reporting to this post: None
Key Areas of Accountability
Financial Support Roles:
- Raise cheques approved by relevant budget holders/finance and taking them to approved signatories for signing.
- Perform bank related activities; picking up monthly bank statements
- Requesting and Collection of Finance unit office stationery and consumables from the Admin office for day to day business activities.
- Support in the verification of all assets
- Reconciling and matching of transactions on the system on a weekly basis
- Support in the payments of participants and other beneficiaries.
- Maintain update of GLACOS on daily basis
- Assist in the remittance of statutory payments (Pension, NHF, NSITF, WHT, PAYE) on/before the due date
Archiving of Document Role:
- Ensure all payment and journal vouchers are electronically archived on a monthly basis
- Review monthly TL to ensure all vouchers for transaction posted to the system are completely filed
- Produce soft/scanned copies of documents for retention purposes.
- Keep a standard record of document retrieval and return log
- Verify all transactions and ensure that the relevant supporting documents have been filed
- Maintain a filing system for all transactions
- Support in maintaining soft copy archiving system
- Properly label all files and arrange vouchers in their appropriate folders on the shelf for easy retrieval.
- Support during audits to retrieve selected samples a week before the commencement of any audit exercise
- Return all vouchers to their appropriate box files after the conclusion of any audit exercise
- Assist during audit to retrieve all relevant documents for audit exercise
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor or line manager.
- Internal: All budget-holders, field offices and other staff members
- External: Auditors, Bank, Government bodies, regulatory agencies
Skills & Experience
- A HND/ B.Sc in Accounting
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work within a multicultural and multi-religious settings
YOU MAY WANT TO APPLY FOR:
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process.
- Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
Application Deadline 18th June, 2020.