Corporate Headhunters Limited – Our client is an award winning, high impact, financially sustainable and highly scalable social enterprise, part-owned by the farmers they serve. Their organisation was created to specifically attract youth to agriculture and away from the looming instability of extremist groups.
They are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Position: Logistics Supervisor
Job Location: Kaduna
Reports To: Head, Last Mile Logistics
We are currently looking for a Logistics Supervisor for our client. She/he will continue to create, implement and maintain continuous improvement and control plan for overall business logistics operations.
- Develop and implement overall logistics plan, in a manner that promotes low transportation and handling cost; high inventory turns.
- Establish and maintain rapport with third party vendors through genuine and exceptionally responsive interactions.
- Monitor and ensure resolution of freight payment process issues between third party transporters and the Company, related to rejected freight bills, short payments, rate discrepancies, general aging issues, etc.
- Create, implement and maintain continuous improvement and control plan for overall business logistics operations.
- Responsible for warehouse operational activities including shipping, receiving, warehouse stocking.
- Perform pricing and cost/service analysis, and own the transport management processes – selection, qualification, business reviews, and performance evaluation.
- Manage a team of dedicated officers and oversee all Warehouse Associates, Drivers and Logistic Partner relationships.
- Ensure shipped merchandise is received and tracked in an efficient manner with minimal costs.
- Ensure shipments are effectively managed with quality control systems to ensure accuracy at every level of the operation in compliance with standard procedures.
- Maintain an iterative improvement approach towards inventory management, methods of distribution and other areas of improvement.
- Resolve customer complaints in a timely and professional manner; taking corrective actions where necessary.
- Assist in the recruitment of quality drivers into the fleet, maintaining detailed records of vehicle servicing and inspection and scheduling regular vehicle maintenance to ensure operational efficiency.
- Purchase and maintain vehicles for deliveries.
- Develop efficient driver schedules to maximize profits; register and license all vehicles under our management.
- Develop strategies for greater fuel efficiency; maintain detailed records of vehicle servicing and inspection.
- Ensure strict servicing and maintenance times to minimize downtime and maintain schedules.
Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related area (Logistics, Supply Chain, Operations, Management, etc. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in inventory management, supply chain management, transportation, and distribution centre operations with at least 2 years in a logistics/transportation role.
- Experience successfully leading a team to achieve results.
- Previous hands-on experience in negotiations.
- In-depth experience in freight cost analysis.
- Ability to plan, execute & manage local and regional logistics projects ensuring continuous improvement to business operations.
- Strong communication, problem solving and management skills.
- Ability to engage and influence direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Be a mentor, coach and a great people leader: build strong relationships and team, hire great people, commit to the growth of individuals on team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and G-Suite products.
Start Up Environment:
- Thrives in fast paced star-up environment with dynamic business priorities.
Unlocking Potential Of Team Members:
- Extensive experience and passion in coaching/mentoring a team.
- Extensive experience leading a complex organisation and an eye for details and problem solving.
YOU MAY WANT TO APPLY FOR:
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Logistics Supervisor – Kaduna” as the subject of the email.