Creative Associates International provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges. Its experts focus on building inclusive educational systems, transitioning communities from conflict to peace, developing sustainable economic growth, engaging youth, promoting transparent elections and more. Creative is recognized for its ability to quickly adapt and excel in conflict and post-conflict environments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants Officer
Job ID: 2020-1207
Category: Grants Management
- Creative seeks a Grants Officer for the anticipated follow on to Reacting to Early Warning and Response Data in West Africa II (REWARD II) project
- The Grants Officer will provide administrative and technical guidance and support to the Grants Manager, and technical experts on the design of grant applications, guidelines, and regulations for the small grants mechanism
- S/he will also provide mentoring and guidance for Civil Society Organizations responding to requests for grants’ applications and implementing grants.
Creative Associates International (Creative) will be implementing an anticipated regional project – Reacting to Early Warning and Response Data in West Africa II (REWARD II) – to:
- Provide capacity building to the Economic Community of West African States’ (ECOWAS) National Centers for the Coordination of Response Mechanisms (NCCRMs) to enhance conflict early warning and response systems; and
- Support national and local stakeholders in five countries to mitigate electoral conflict triggers before they escalate into violence.
Reporting and Supervision:
- The Grants Officer will report to the Grants Manager.
- Help design grant applications, including content, guidelines, and regulations for the small grants;
- Provide advisory assistance to grant applicants and the review of grant submissions;
- Analyze and evaluate grant submissions for technical and budget soundness and compliance with donor regulations, recommending award actions to the contract team;
- Coordinate the issuance of awards and maintain contract documentation through the development and upkeep of a small grants database;
- Support grantees throughout implementation on content, messaging, and coordination; and
- Prepare scheduled and special reports, studies and analyses regarding the small grants program.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Social Science, Financial Analysis or Accounting desirable; Master’s Degree preferred;
- At least four (4) years of experience with sub-grants management, preferably in West Africa; six (6) years of working in international development;
- Solid understanding of donor regulations and procedures pertaining to grants management;
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects;
- Ability to analyze technical and cost proposals and prepare reports and recommendations on whether applicants should be funded;
- Ability to analyze budget line items for compliance with budget guidelines; and
- Proven records maintenance and database management skills; and
- Fluency in English is required; fluency in French is desired.
Application Closing Date
YOU MAY WANT TO APPLY FOR:
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online