The Nigeria Maritime University (NMU), Okerenkoko was established by Federal Government in 2015. The University was established among other objectives to expand the frontiers of knowledge and provide opportunities for Nigeria to be a Leading player in the world’s maritime industry and economy; and to produce first rate mariners that would keep the Country’s flag aloft across the oceans and waterways of the world.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment into the Non-academic position below:
Job Title: Deputy Librarian
- The candidate for the University Deputy Librarian position must possess good Honours Degree(s) and a Master’s Degree in Library Information Studies from a recognized university.
- The possession of a Ph.D. degree in similar areas will be an added advantage.
- In addition to the academic or professional qualifications, the candidate must possess evidence of membership of relevant professional bodies and registration with the Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN), which is the regulatory agency for the practice librarianship in Nigeria.
- The candidate must possess good managerial skills and competences including a clear understanding of the nature and dynamics of the intricacies in deploying information technologies as tools for the management of information collections in line with global practices in contemporary university libraries or similar institutions.
- The prospective candidate must have put a minimum of fifteen (15) years of cognate work experience in university library(ies). Three (3) of these years must have been at Library Management position not lower than that ofa Chief Librarian or its equivalents.
- Candidates must possess NYSC Discharge Certificate or Exemption Certificate or Certificate of Exclusion where applicable.
YOU MAY WANT TO APPLY FOR:
Conditions of Service
Salary, allowances and other conditions of service attached to this position are the same as the approved Salary Structure for Federal Universities in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
6th October, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Fifteen (15) copies of application with comprehensive Curriculum Vitae in a sealed envelope.
The Curriculum Vitae should include information on the following:
- Name of the Applicant in full (Surname first);
- Post Desired;
- Date and Place of Birth;
- Email Address;
- Permanent Home Address;
- Current Postal Address;
- Marital Status;
- Number and Ages of Children (if any);
- Educational Institutions Attended (with dates);
- Academic and Professional Qualifications obtained (with dates and locations);
- Name(s) and address(es) of Previous Employer (s), stating status;
- Name and address of Present Employer, Post, Date and Salary;
- Research Journal / Book Publications (where applicable);
- Administrative and Mentoring Experience (where applicable);
- Academic Distinctions / Special Awards (if any);
- Extracurricular Activities;
- Names and Addresses of three (3) referees, at least one of whom must be in a position to provide reliable academic / professional opinion about the applicant.
Applicants should request their Referees to forward their views in confidential cover to the address below within four(4) weeks of this publication.
YOU MAY WANT TO APPLY FOR:
All Applications should be addressed and submitted to:
The Registrar & Secretary to Council,
Nigeria Maritime University, Okerenkoko,
P.M.B. 1005, Warri,
- Only shortlisted candidates would be invited for an interview.
- Applicants are strongly advised to note qualifications and cognate experience required for the post they intend to apply into so as to make sure that they are qualified.