Myrtle Management Consultants Limited – Our client, an international news media company building a respected media brand, across television, mobile, and web.
The company requires to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Editor
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Job Type: Full-time
- To produce original content by critically analyzing selected business interviews, debates, speeches from major news organizations for the presence of propaganda, misleading talking points, and other similar techniques of persuasion?
- The suitable candidate must be proficient at using social media, especially in the field including an active strong presence on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter?
- Report to the Executive Producer for daily job tasks.
- Write scripts for the show.
- Prepare and stack the show rundown.
- Write and post daily on our social media outlets.
- Prep guest for their Live segments
- Work closely with clients to better produce their segments.
- Time the show so that each guest has enough time to deliver their message within a timely manner.
- Help with line producing.
- Help with on location shoots.
- Help with editing when needed.
- Assist in booking visually engaging segments and write snappy teases.
- Create production elements for scripts, including tape and graphics.
- Identify News, select video and sound bites, oversee editing, conduct interviews and write stories for television and the internet.
- BA / BS in Journalism, Communication, or related field.
- 2-7 years of experience writing business editorial for LIVE TV.
- Knows how to stack a rundown for broadcast.
- Creative writer who can write scripts for television that’s informative, conversational, and enticing to our viewers
- Energetic and friendly personality.
- The ability to work under constant deadlines.
- Ability to calmly handle live TV situations and changing events.
- Can multi-task under pressure.
Application Closing Date
20th September, 2020.
YOU MAY WANT TO APPLY FOR:
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interviews are on a rolling basis to this date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please submit a reel or portfolio of your works along with your application .