Myrtle Management Consultants Limited – Our client, an international News Media company building a respected media brand, across television, mobile, and web, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Reporter
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Job Type: Full-time
- The company requires to fill the role of a Reporter to be a proactive, editorial, and meticulously organized individual.
- You will work directly with the Executive News Editor. to execute cross platform news coverage on national and global news.
- Report and write news stories for publication or broadcast, describing the background and details of events.
- Arrange interviews with people who can provide information about a story.
- Work alongside correspondents and producers in story research.
- Support field teams with in-house production.
- Research and analyze background information related to stories to be to provide complete and accurate information.
- Gather information about events through research, interviews, experience and attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social, and other functions.
- Investigate breaking news developments such as disasters, crimes, and human-interest stories.
- Field producing opportunities.
- Travel assignments for large breaking news events is possible. (Note: you could spend long periods of time in the elements – i.e. extreme heat/cold, rain, etc).
- Occasionally write digital wire stories.
- You will have a front-row seat as history unfolds before your eyes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related field preferred
- Social media savvy.
- Professional phone manner.
- Strong code of ethics.
- Positive attitude.
- Strong desire to work in the field and learn journalism from some of the best in the business.
Application Closing Date
20th September, 2020.
YOU MAY WANT TO APPLY FOR:
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interviews are on a rolling basis to this date
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.