Green Habitat Initiative (GHI) is a non-profit non-governmental organization promoting the achievement of SDG 6 (clean water) and SDG 11 (sustainable cities and communities) in Nigeria. Incorporated in 2016 in Nigeria, GHI has worked in various sectors such as environmental sustainability, urban planning, sustainable urban development, urban agriculture, social urban innovations, architecture, WASH, solid waste management, recycling activities, environmental activism, etc.
We are recruiting qualified Nigerian candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Admin Officer
Locations: Abuja (Head office), Kebbi, Sokoto and Niger
Duration: 2 years
Reports to: COP
Travel: 75% (to Kebbi, Sokoto and Niger States)
About the Project
- GHI is working towards implementing The Project for Improved Sustainability of Integrated WASH Services (I-WASH) project in 4 states; Kebbi, Niger, Sokoto and the FCT in collaboration with USAID.
- The project components involves integrating WASH-WRM and watershed studies for the associated catchments in the region. The activities will include provision of integrated WASH facilities, watershed studies of the river basins associated with the 4 states, remote monitoring of the WASH facilities and community advocacy. Expected start date is January 2021 and for a period of 2 years.
YOU CAN ALSO APPLY FOR:
- The Finance and Administrative Officer will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day project operations and coordination of financial activities, including cash needs; reviewing and processing sub-partner, vendor, and consultant payments; managing project procurements, sub-awards, and consultant agreements; supervising travel needs; and deploying staff and project operations, with a focus on maximizing cost-efficiency.
- Manage all accounting transactions
- Prepare budget forecasts
- Publish financial statements in time
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Ensure timely bank payments and liaison with banks
- Manage balance sheets and profit / loss statements
- Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity
- Audit financial transactions and documents
- Responsible for monitoring availability of funds, monitoring all bank balances and requesting funds transfers when necessary
- Responsible for preparing weekly bank position statement
- Calculates and advise on monthly internal exchange rate
- Applicants must be holders of B.Sc / HND in Accountancy with 5 years of experience.
- Applicants should be holders of professional qualification such as ACA or ACCA.
Application Closing Date
27th September, 2020.
YOU CAN ALSO APPLY FOR:
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send in their application documents to: email@example.com using “Finance and Admin Officer” as the subject of the email.
- CV (maximum 3 pages). Must include 2 references from current and previous employers. CVs must be result oriented and not task oriented.
- A one page cover letter explaining your interest in participating in the project and why you are the best person for the role.
- These position is contigent upon grant award.
- We will recruit once we find the right candidate, so we strongly advise you to submit your applications as soon as possible.
- Female applicants are strongly encouraged