Street Child is a UK charity working to protect vulnerable children and improve access to education in some of the poorest communities in the world. We work in Sierra Leone, Liberia and Nepal and since November 2016, Street Child has been involved in the Humanitarian response in North East Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Education Project Manager
Location: Maiduguri with travel to Adamawa, Yobe and Abuja if required
Job Type Full Time
Report to: Street Child Education Programme Manager
Specification: Nigerian Nationals Only
Starting from: 01st November 2020
Duration: 1 year with 3-month probation
- Street Child is looking for a dedicated Education Project Manager for our Borno Package Education project in partnership with UNICEF and funded by EU. Our project component consists in providing non-formal education for 18,000 Internally Displaced and Out of School Children and mainstream them into formal education, improving the quality of education with training of volunteer teachers and remedial intervention for better learning outcomes.
- Street Child also integrates Child Protection to ensure children learn in a safe and protective environment in school and at home aligned with the commitment to the localisation agenda, Street Child will implement together with three local organisations we have been working together in the last two years.
- The main responsibility of the Project Manager will be to manage and coach project officers and implementing partners to progress the project implementation against the work plan and the objectives, achieving timely project outputs and outcomes. The project Manager will work under the support and supervision of the Education Programmes Manager and will submit regular reports with evidence of the progress.
- The position proven capacity of project delivery, effective team management and effective partner management at a senior level. The ideal candidate would have a strong background in Education, good communication skills, and excellent leadership abilities. Analytical thinking and the capacity to research innovative intervention methods, as well as creativity and flexibility are also expected.
Responsible overall for the implementation of Street Childs Borno Package EiE project:
- Project implementation and review, including development of work plans with Street Child team and implementing partners, and use of project management tools Project delivery, including monitoring of activities progress again target, and supervising and recording project activities expenditure against budget
- Preparation of narrative and financial reports monthly, quarterly and annually as required on project activities to partners and donors Identifying, troubleshooting and reporting issues with programme implementation the Nigeria Programme Manager as necessary
- Responsible for effectively management of implementing partners by:Leading the project team to effectively manage and support implementing partners, in collaboration with the finance team;Overseeing the monitoring function of the Street Child team to identify and respond to issues with partners;
YOU MAY WANT TO APPLY FOR:
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills;Ability to positively influence others and successfully reconcile differences; A self-starter with a strong results orientation and with high levels of integrity, credibility and dependability; An energetic team player who can effectively collaborate, and who can stand alone when necessary; Ability to work in international settings and with various departments to implement successful approaches to Education;Demonstrated ability to work and deliver under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Core Values:Commitment to Street Child mission, vision and values, and the ability to convey with enthusiasm Street Child’s role in accompanying and serving forcibly displaced people and in advocating for their right to protection and a life in dignity;High integrity, honesty and confidentiality; ability to deal tactfully and discreetly with situations, people and information;Acceptance of diversity and inclusion as a core value. Willingness to work in flexible, sub-optimal, stressful and unstable environment.
Qualification and experience
- Master Degree in Social Science, Education or equivalent
- Experience (at least 4 years) working in international development in programme management roles;Experience (at least 2 years) of working in North-East Nigeria on the emergency response in education or other relevant sectors;Experience in managing sizable teams Proven evidence of having led the delivery of successful programmes, ideally with a budget of $1m +
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) and excellent writing skills. Hausa language skills are highly desirable.
- Strong analytical, reporting, strategic thinking and planning skills. Strong monitoring and evaluation skills/experience Knowledge of project cycle management. Knowledge and ability to apply INEE standards an advantage
Terms and Conditions
- Contract is for one year and renewable according to performance review, with an initial probationary period of three months. The salary will be proportioned to the candidate experience and balanced to the Street Child salary scale.
Application Closing Date
10th October, 2020.
YOU MAY WANT TO APPLY FOR:
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online