The Accountability Lab Nigeria makes governance work for the Nigerian people through supporting active citizens, responsible leaders and accountable institutions. Our vision is a country in which resources are used wisely, decisions benefit everyone fairly, and people lead secure lives. We have three mutually-reinforcing objectives: to support a positive movement to build accountability and democracy; ensure the voices of communities are heard on accountability issues; and support collaboration around accountability and open governance through unlikely networks.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Position: Project Officer
Job Location: Abuja (FCT), Nigeria
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Project Officer will be a key member of the Accountability Lab Nigeria team, working to ensure that the Lab’s growing portfolio of projects are managed effectively, efficiently and transparently.
- The Project Officer will lead the Lab’s efforts to deliver on projects against agreed deliverables and timelines, and support design, planning and reporting against grants.
- The Project Officer will also liaise with other key team members to ensure harmonization across the various grant and project-related elements of the Lab’s work including communications, monitoring, evaluation and learning and strategy.
- The Lab is a learning organization and it is also expected that the Project Officer will understand and appreciate how to support the Lab to include innovation, learning and adaptation into everything it does.
- The Project Officer will report to the Lab’s Programs and Learning Manager in Abuja who has overall responsibility for project implementation.
- The Lab’s ongoing projects includeIntegrity Icon;SDG 16 Innovation Challenge and Accountability Incubatorto support young people with creative ideas around accountability, access to justice and rule of law; Voice2Rep, a music campaign to develop socially conscious music; and theCivic Action Teams, a pioneering citizen feedback, dialogue and community voice platform.
- Women, those from minority groups and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Support the design, implementation and oversight of Accountability Lab’s projects related to accountability, transparency, open governance, youth engagement and citizen participation;
- Ensure projects are meeting goals and are adaptive based on the context, and ensure project outputs are delivered on time;
- Lead training/ workshops were relevant to project implementation, outreach, community-building and reporting;
- Embed better integration of gender related aspects to the work plan and ensure that activities are implemented, recorded, reported and analyzed to improve the gender equality;
- Undertake regular field trips to the project sites with the purpose of performing program quality assessments; develop reports and make a follow up on recommendations.
- Support the Lab’s internal project reporting calendars and processes to ensure accurate and timely submission reports and other outputs;
- Produce internal progress reports and report to the larger team on a weekly basis on progress;
- Provide the necessary support in coaching, guidance for associates, consultants and volunteers that will boost their capacity to deliver results;
- Integrate a learning mindset and approach into all projects, ensuring that feedback and data is used to improve activities over time;
- Support the Lab’s internal learning and evaluation processes including annual impact and learning reporting
- Embraces new approaches on program implementation
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree qualification.
- Minimum of 3 – 4 years work experience.
- Above all, this position requires a superb understanding of program design, management, implementation and reporting. It requires excellent management skills, attention to detail, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- The successful candidate will need to have the creativity, vision and knowledge of the program implementation field to help us deliver on commitments and to improve what we do.
- The successful candidate will also need to be able to work within a dynamic and culturally diverse team, embodying the organization’ commitment to accountability, transparency and equity.
- We seek a demonstrated record of assuming significant professional responsibility and delivering on programmatic goals with integrity and humility.
YOU MAY WANT TO APPLY FOR:
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Cover letter and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “AL Nigeria PO Application” as the subject of the email.