VAVA Projects – A Furniture and Real Estate company is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Account Officer
Job Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Account Officer is responsible for all day-to-day financial operations.
- This includes but is not limited to daily cash monitoring, deposits, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Sales and Use Tax, Monthly and Annual Close, Financial Statement Preparation and Review and Annual Inventory Counts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor daily cash position
- Account Reconciliations
- Month-end and Annual Close
- Integrate point of sale system end of day reports into the General Ledger
- Review daily sales activity
- Research and fix anomalies
- Accounts Payable including 3-way match, entering, and payment of invoices according to terms
- Issue receipts, refunds, change or tickets
- General Ledger Maintenance
- Preparation of monthly P&L and Balance Sheet
- Maintain point of sale system updates.
Education / Experience
- 2- 3 Years of work experience.
- Degree in Accounting Preferred.
- Progressive accounting experience that touches on each of the areas included in the position summary.
- Intermediate to Advance Microsoft Excel Skills.
Skills and Traits:
Skills required to be successful in this position include:
- Ability to work independently, meticulous attention to detail, time management, work prioritization, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with electronic equipment, like cash register and POS.
You May Want To Apply For More:
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.