Arise is a charity working to confront modern slavery human trafficking in some of the worst affected areas of the world. We do this through frontline organisations and their networks, offering them the help they need: financial support, training, help with service delivery, and amplifying their voices within the human rights and policy communities. We also conduct research into the nature and prevalence of exploitation. Arise is headquartered in London and New York, but works mainly in high-risk areas, focusing on prevention.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Position: Arise Nigeria Coordinator
Job Location: Benin City, Edo
Line Manager: The Director of Programs.
Contract Duration: The initial contract is for three (3) years, with a six (6) month probation period
- Arise supports frontline and grassroots organisations, and their networks, to better confront the problem of human-trafficking in their local communities. We are seeking a passionate, self-starting individual to coordinate our growing anti-trafficking work in Nigeria. The successful candidate will have the responsibility for establishing and maintaining Arise’s Nigeria Office and oversee all aspects of its work.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- To work closely with the Director and Programs Director to establish and maintain Arise’s office in Nigeria, including taking responsibility for day-to-day office management, including financial oversight;
- To administer and oversee Arise’s program of capacity building support and network development in Nigeria;
- To work closely with Arise’s partners, including civic authorities and civil society, to ensure the effective implementation of Arise’s priorities in Nigeria;
- To provide and/or facilitate trainings and capacity building workshops for Arise’s partners;
- To work closely with the Programs Director to administer Arise’s strategic investment portfolio in Nigeria;
- To carry out any and all other tasks necessary to the success of Arise’s office in Nigeria.
- Proven track record of networking and relationship building across sectors and with a range of actors, including religious sisters and/or church institutions;
- Experience in programme management, including budgeting, reporting and monitoring, within an international context;
- Experience creating and facilitating training courses, ideally with experience in capacity building training;
- Experience in producing strategic and policy documents for organisations or networks;
- An understanding of the issues of human trafficking and modern slavery in Nigeria;
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision and troubleshoot problems;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other common software packages;
- High-level of English language proficiency.
- Experience administering and managing grants, preferably in anti-trafficking work;
- Proven office management and administration skills, ideally within the context of a startup.
- Hours are 9am-5pm (GMT+1) Monday-Friday, though you may be expected to work flexibly from time to time.
- Your work will require travel within Nigeria and, upon occasion, to other countries relevant to our work. The office location is Benin City.
Competitive salary, negotiable upon experience.
YOU MAY WANT TO APPLY FOR
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter (maximum 2 pages) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- Arise is an equal opportunity employer.
- The job location is Benin City, Edo, Nigeria. If you do not live in Benin City or are not willing to relocate to Benin City, please do not apply