The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional group of fifteen West African countries. Founded on 28 May 1975, with the signing of the Treaty of Lagos, its mission is to promote economic integration across the region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Location: Accra, Ghana
Institution: ECOWAS Regional Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERERA)
Agency: ECOWAS Regional Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERERA)
Department: Regulatory Council
Directorate: Administration, Finance & Human Resources
Division: Administration, Human Resources and Finance
Line Supervisor: Principal Officer, Administration, HR and Finance
- Under the supervision of the Principal Officer, Administration, HR and Finance, the incumbent shall provide support to the fleet management & transport of the office with everyday operations in making sure of the smooth running of the assigned vehicles.
Role and Responsibilities
- Perform the daily preventive maintenance checks before moving a particular vehicle for the first time in the day;
- Perform airport departure and arrival formalities when required;
- Monitor consumption of fuel and lubricants by vehicles to ensure their efficient use;
- Initiate timely requests for fuel replenishments;
- Maintain accurate record of fuel/lubricant usage for planning and audit purposes;
- Ensure accurate completion of vehicle log books by drivers;
- Carry out any other duties that may be assigned.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- West African School Certificate or equivalent certificate with a formal driver training certificate and a valid driver’s license/ certification to operate assigned vehicle.
- 2 years’ experience as a driver, preferably for an international organization involving a variety of makes and models of vehicles;
- Working knowledge of traffic rules and regulations, and ability to read and interpret traffic signs and documents such as safety rules, and operating and maintenance instructions;
- Experience in maintaining a vehicle log book;
- Knowledge of defensive driving practices, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, local roads and conditions, and protocols of relevance to safety and security of passengers during inclement weather, terrorism events, motor accidents, criminal and violent incidents;
- Knowledge of basic vehicle maintenance (e.g. circle check) and ability to assess vehicles for mechanical fitness and minor vehicle repairs.
- Nationals of Ghana or other ECOWAS member-states resident in Ghana.
- Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
UA16,861.73 USD26,604.43 / UA18,202.06 USD28,719.20 / UA23,161.58 USD36,544.33
Application Closing Date
7th February, 2021.
YOU MAY WANT TO APPLY FOR:
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the Application Form below, fill it out correctly; attach a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a Motivation Letter and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Click here to download Application Form (Ms Word)