The Amazon Suites, a 20-suite, five-star boutique hotel in Yaba, Lagos Nigeria. A rich luxury showpiece with a contemporary city garden ambience.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Chef
Location: Yaba, Lagos
- The Executive Chef is responsible for all food production, menu development, food purchase specifications and standardized recipes
- He / She is also responsible for maintaining the highest professional food quality and hygiene standards throughout the food production process in the hotel.
- The Executive Chef schedules and coordinates the work of the chefs, cooks and other kitchen employees to ensure that food preparation is economical, technically correct and within budgeted cost
- Evaluates food products to ensure that the hotel quality standards are consistently attained
- Projects annual food, labor and other costs and monitors actual financial results and takes corrective action as necessary to ensure that the financial targets are met
- Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality.
- Implements measures to minimize food costs, exercise s portion control for all items served and works with the food & beverage manager in establishing menu selling prices
- Interacts with the food & beverage department to ensure that food production consistently meets or exceeds the expectation of guests.
- Research and implement new culinary trends
- Delegate daily tasks to sous chef and other kitchen staff; manage their progress throughout the day
- Must be great with variety of dishes ( e.g a la carte, buffet and oriental).
- Proven 3 – 4 years Executive Chef Experience in a 4 – 5 Star Hotel
- Great attention to detail and creativity
- Must be proficient in the use of Opera and Micros
- Must be willing to work within Yaba, Lagos State in Nigeria
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Willingness to replenish professional knowledge
- In depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and baking techniques and nutrition
- Communication, dexterity, creativity and leadership skills
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
- Culinary Arts degree and/or other culinary certification
- Vast knowledge in culinary arts, including any new up and coming food trends
- Expert skills and experience planning, designing, and preparing meals.
- A competitive salary
- Training and development
- Meals on duty
- Additional benefits as per company policy.
Application Closing Date
14th May, 2021.
You May Want To Applying For More:
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, passport photograph & Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.